Monitor

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Monitor

Dennis Gesker
Hello Wildfly-Dev:

On my server I use a nice little utility called pgbadger that is triggered in my crontab to send me reports each morning on how my postgresql database has been performing; essentially log analysis.

Is there a similar or generally recommended utility for WildFly? A command I can add a few switches to to send me reports on how WildFly has been behaving?

Just curious.

Also, I joined a list called jboss-user but don't see much activity. Has this list discontinued or been supplanted by another?

Cordially,
Dennis


--
 LinkedIn Wordpress Facebook Twitter Family Home Page Public Encryption Key[hidden email]
“Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong – that is your oath.” -The Knight’s Oath (Kingdom of Heaven)

_______________________________________________
wildfly-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/wildfly-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Monitor

Claudio Miranda
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Dennis Gesker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there a similar or generally recommended utility for WildFly? A command I can add a few switches to to send me reports on how WildFly has been behaving?

There is $WILDFLY_HOME/jboss-cli.sh where you can issue commands to
manage and monitor wildfly resources

https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY/CLI+Recipes

To retrieve statistics values for subsystem, you must enable it first.
For example, to retrieve statistics for datasources
/subsystem=datasources/data-source=ExampleDS/statistics=pool:read-resource(include-runtime=true)

Memory usage
/core-service=platform-mbean/type=memory:read-resource(include-runtime=true,recursive=true)


--
  Claudio Miranda

[hidden email]
http://www.claudius.com.br
_______________________________________________
wildfly-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/wildfly-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Monitor

John Mazzitelli
----- Original Message -----
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Dennis Gesker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Is there a similar or generally recommended utility for WildFly? A command
> > I can add a few switches to to send me reports on how WildFly has been
> > behaving?
>
> There is $WILDFLY_HOME/jboss-cli.sh where you can issue commands to
> manage and monitor wildfly resources


Currently under development is also the Hawkular WildFly Agent [1] - a subsystem you can install in a WildFly server and configure it to collect any number of statistics and store them in Hawkular-Metrics (our new metric database, currently in production in OpenShift and soon to be part of the new middleware management stuff). This is all under the umbrella of the Hawkular project [2].

[1] https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-agent
[2] http://www.hawkular.org
_______________________________________________
wildfly-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/wildfly-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Monitor

Andrig Miller
Keep in mind that there is a performance penalty you pay for turning on runtime statistics, so be careful about what you turn on, and make sure you are still getting or meeting your performance needs.

Andy

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 5:33 PM, John Mazzitelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
----- Original Message -----
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Dennis Gesker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Is there a similar or generally recommended utility for WildFly? A command
> > I can add a few switches to to send me reports on how WildFly has been
> > behaving?
>
> There is $WILDFLY_HOME/jboss-cli.sh where you can issue commands to
> manage and monitor wildfly resources


Currently under development is also the Hawkular WildFly Agent [1] - a subsystem you can install in a WildFly server and configure it to collect any number of statistics and store them in Hawkular-Metrics (our new metric database, currently in production in OpenShift and soon to be part of the new middleware management stuff). This is all under the umbrella of the Hawkular project [2].

[1] https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-agent
[2] http://www.hawkular.org
_______________________________________________
wildfly-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/wildfly-dev



--
Andrig (Andy) T. Miller
Global Platform Director, Middleware
Red Hat, Inc.

_______________________________________________
wildfly-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/wildfly-dev