New WildFly Project Lead

[Also Posted to Wildfly Blog: http://wildfly.org/staging/news/2019/01/07/New-Project-Lead/]

I am very excited to announce that Brian Stansberry (@bestansberry) will be taking on the role of WildFly project lead. Brian has been a major contributor to the project for almost 15 years now. During this time, he led a number of critical and complex subsystems including Clustering, Management, and most recently the cross-cutting cloud integration work. He is also one of our most active reviewers, and has helped many contributors navigate deep WildFly internals. Congratulations Brian!

It’s been a great journey, so I want to think each and every one of you for your contributions and support over the years. Our work as a community has frequently pushed the envelope, and led to WildFly being one of the most innovative and popular application servers available. While I will be moving on from this role, I won’t be too far way, still participating but tackling a new challenge (I’ll have more to say about that in the future).

With Brian at the helm, and all the great folks contributing to the project, I know WildFly has a bright future. I look forward to seeing the next chapter.

Turn the page.

-Jason

Re: New WildFly Project Lead

Brian Stansberry
Thanks, Jason!

It's a great privilege to work with the WildFly community and to work on open source software. I owe a great debt to all of you. I'm basically a self-taught engineer, and by far the best way to learn I've seen is to collaborate with the people in this community, looking at your ideas and the code you write and listening to your feedback on my ideas and code.

Jason, it's also a tremendous honor and privilege working with you. Your leadership of JBoss AS and WildFly has been off the charts outstanding. I have very big shoes to fill.

2019 should be another exciting year for WildFly. We'll continue the quarterly release cadence that we started last year with WildFly 12, so the next major, WildFly 16, should be out in less than two months.  This year Jakarta EE will be a priority, both getting Jarkarta EE 8 certification and helping drive EE forward. Another major focus will be continuing to improve the usability of WildFly on the cloud -- enhanced observability, enhanced ability to tailor your installation to your specific requirements, enhanced ability to use external services instead of in-vm resources for things like messaging and caching, and development of an OpenShift operator[1] for Wildfly. And plenty of other goodies too!

Besides following this list and JIRA, I recommend that people interested in the development of WildFly occasionally check out the wildfly-proposals github repo[2]. For any new feature going into WildFly there will be a document added to that repo where the feature requirements will be discussed and sometimes some design details. Participating in the review of proposals there (via PR comments) is a great way to help ensure features meet your needs.

Best regards,
Brian

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 2:26 PM Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Bruno Georges
Congratulations Brian! This is awesome news!
Jason, I can’t find the words to express how grateful I am for the amazing work you pulled over the years and how you led the Team to take us where we are today.
I totally agree that with Brian at the Helm, Wildfly is in safe hands and it will disrupt again.

Bruno

> On 7 Jan 2019, at 9:21 PM, Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> [Also Posted to Wildfly Blog: http://wildfly.org/staging/news/2019/01/07/New-Project-Lead/]
>
> I am very excited to announce that Brian Stansberry (@bestansberry) will be taking on the role of WildFly project lead. Brian has been a major contributor to the project for almost 15 years now. During this time, he led a number of critical and complex subsystems including Clustering, Management, and most recently the cross-cutting cloud integration work. He is also one of our most active reviewers, and has helped many contributors navigate deep WildFly internals. Congratulations Brian!
>
> It’s been a great journey, so I want to think each and every one of you for your contributions and support over the years. Our work as a community has frequently pushed the envelope, and led to WildFly being one of the most innovative and popular application servers available. While I will be moving on from this role, I won’t be too far way, still participating but tackling a new challenge (I’ll have more to say about that in the future).
>
> With Brian at the helm, and all the great folks contributing to the project, I know WildFly has a bright future. I look forward to seeing the next chapter.
>
> Turn the page.
>
> -Jason

Re: New WildFly Project Lead

Kabir Khan-2
+100 - Congratulations Brian!

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 12:21 AM Bruno Georges <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations Brian! This is awesome news!
Jason, I can’t find the words to express how grateful I am for the amazing work you pulled over the years and how you led the Team to take us where we are today.
I totally agree that with Brian at the Helm, Wildfly is in safe hands and it will disrupt again.

Bruno

> On 7 Jan 2019, at 9:21 PM, Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> [Also Posted to Wildfly Blog: http://wildfly.org/staging/news/2019/01/07/New-Project-Lead/]
>
> I am very excited to announce that Brian Stansberry (@bestansberry) will be taking on the role of WildFly project lead. Brian has been a major contributor to the project for almost 15 years now. During this time, he led a number of critical and complex subsystems including Clustering, Management, and most recently the cross-cutting cloud integration work. He is also one of our most active reviewers, and has helped many contributors navigate deep WildFly internals. Congratulations Brian!
>
> It’s been a great journey, so I want to think each and every one of you for your contributions and support over the years. Our work as a community has frequently pushed the envelope, and led to WildFly being one of the most innovative and popular application servers available. While I will be moving on from this role, I won’t be too far way, still participating but tackling a new challenge (I’ll have more to say about that in the future).
>
> With Brian at the helm, and all the great folks contributing to the project, I know WildFly has a bright future. I look forward to seeing the next chapter.
>
> Turn the page.
>
> -Jason

Re: New WildFly Project Lead

Tom Jenkinson
Congratulations Brian!

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 12:43, Kabir Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
+100 - Congratulations Brian!

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 12:21 AM Bruno Georges <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations Brian! This is awesome news!
Jason, I can’t find the words to express how grateful I am for the amazing work you pulled over the years and how you led the Team to take us where we are today.
I totally agree that with Brian at the Helm, Wildfly is in safe hands and it will disrupt again.

Bruno

> On 7 Jan 2019, at 9:21 PM, Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> [Also Posted to Wildfly Blog: http://wildfly.org/staging/news/2019/01/07/New-Project-Lead/]
>
> I am very excited to announce that Brian Stansberry (@bestansberry) will be taking on the role of WildFly project lead. Brian has been a major contributor to the project for almost 15 years now. During this time, he led a number of critical and complex subsystems including Clustering, Management, and most recently the cross-cutting cloud integration work. He is also one of our most active reviewers, and has helped many contributors navigate deep WildFly internals. Congratulations Brian!
>
> It’s been a great journey, so I want to think each and every one of you for your contributions and support over the years. Our work as a community has frequently pushed the envelope, and led to WildFly being one of the most innovative and popular application servers available. While I will be moving on from this role, I won’t be too far way, still participating but tackling a new challenge (I’ll have more to say about that in the future).
>
> With Brian at the helm, and all the great folks contributing to the project, I know WildFly has a bright future. I look forward to seeing the next chapter.
>
> Turn the page.
>
> -Jason

Re: New WildFly Project Lead

Ingo Weiss
Congratulations Brian! Well done!

On 2019-01-07 14:21:49-0600, Jason Greene wrote:

> [Also Posted to Wildfly Blog: http://wildfly.org/staging/news/2019/01/07/New-Project-Lead/]
>
> I am very excited to announce that Brian Stansberry (@bestansberry) will be taking on the role of WildFly project lead. Brian has been a major contributor to the project for almost 15 years now. During this time, he led a number of critical and complex subsystems including Clustering, Management, and most recently the cross-cutting cloud integration work. He is also one of our most active reviewers, and has helped many contributors navigate deep WildFly internals. Congratulations Brian!
>
> It’s been a great journey, so I want to think each and every one of you for your contributions and support over the years. Our work as a community has frequently pushed the envelope, and led to WildFly being one of the most innovative and popular application servers available. While I will be moving on from this role, I won’t be too far way, still participating but tackling a new challenge (I’ll have more to say about that in the future).
>
> With Brian at the helm, and all the great folks contributing to the project, I know WildFly has a bright future. I look forward to seeing the next chapter.
>
> Turn the page.
>
> -Jason

Re: New WildFly Project Lead

Eduardo Martins-2
Jason: WildFly is something special and much thanks to you! You are a natural born innovator, never afraid to go against the flow, a great leader. Very excited to see what comes next from you!
Brian: It’s not easy to replace Jason, but you will not “just" succeed, as usual! I’m proud to have you as leader, make it count :-)

—E

> On 7 Jan 2019, at 20:21, Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> [Also Posted to Wildfly Blog: http://wildfly.org/staging/news/2019/01/07/New-Project-Lead/]
>
> I am very excited to announce that Brian Stansberry (@bestansberry) will be taking on the role of WildFly project lead. Brian has been a major contributor to the project for almost 15 years now. During this time, he led a number of critical and complex subsystems including Clustering, Management, and most recently the cross-cutting cloud integration work. He is also one of our most active reviewers, and has helped many contributors navigate deep WildFly internals. Congratulations Brian!
>
> It’s been a great journey, so I want to think each and every one of you for your contributions and support over the years. Our work as a community has frequently pushed the envelope, and led to WildFly being one of the most innovative and popular application servers available. While I will be moving on from this role, I won’t be too far way, still participating but tackling a new challenge (I’ll have more to say about that in the future).
>
> With Brian at the helm, and all the great folks contributing to the project, I know WildFly has a bright future. I look forward to seeing the next chapter.
>
> Turn the page.
>
> -Jason

Re: New WildFly Project Lead

Peter Skopek
Congrats Brian! WildFly is in good hands!
Peter

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 9:26 PM Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [Also Posted to Wildfly Blog: http://wildfly.org/staging/news/2019/01/07/New-Project-Lead/]
>
> I am very excited to announce that Brian Stansberry (@bestansberry) will be taking on the role of WildFly project lead. Brian has been a major contributor to the project for almost 15 years now. During this time, he led a number of critical and complex subsystems including Clustering, Management, and most recently the cross-cutting cloud integration work. He is also one of our most active reviewers, and has helped many contributors navigate deep WildFly internals. Congratulations Brian!
>
> It’s been a great journey, so I want to think each and every one of you for your contributions and support over the years. Our work as a community has frequently pushed the envelope, and led to WildFly being one of the most innovative and popular application servers available. While I will be moving on from this role, I won’t be too far way, still participating but tackling a new challenge (I’ll have more to say about that in the future).
>
> With Brian at the helm, and all the great folks contributing to the project, I know WildFly has a bright future. I look forward to seeing the next chapter.
>
> Turn the page.
>
> -Jason

Re: New WildFly Project Lead

Chao Wang
Congratulations Brian!

On 1/8/19 4:21 AM, Jason Greene wrote:

> [Also Posted to Wildfly Blog: http://wildfly.org/staging/news/2019/01/07/New-Project-Lead/]
>
> I am very excited to announce that Brian Stansberry (@bestansberry) will be taking on the role of WildFly project lead. Brian has been a major contributor to the project for almost 15 years now. During this time, he led a number of critical and complex subsystems including Clustering, Management, and most recently the cross-cutting cloud integration work. He is also one of our most active reviewers, and has helped many contributors navigate deep WildFly internals. Congratulations Brian!
>
> It’s been a great journey, so I want to think each and every one of you for your contributions and support over the years. Our work as a community has frequently pushed the envelope, and led to WildFly being one of the most innovative and popular application servers available. While I will be moving on from this role, I won’t be too far way, still participating but tackling a new challenge (I’ll have more to say about that in the future).
>
> With Brian at the helm, and all the great folks contributing to the project, I know WildFly has a bright future. I look forward to seeing the next chapter.
>
> Turn the page.
>
> -Jason

Re: New WildFly Project Lead

Jim Ma
Congrats Brian!

On 01/08/2019 04:21 AM, Jason Greene wrote:

> [Also Posted to Wildfly Blog: http://wildfly.org/staging/news/2019/01/07/New-Project-Lead/]
>
> I am very excited to announce that Brian Stansberry (@bestansberry) will be taking on the role of WildFly project lead. Brian has been a major contributor to the project for almost 15 years now. During this time, he led a number of critical and complex subsystems including Clustering, Management, and most recently the cross-cutting cloud integration work. He is also one of our most active reviewers, and has helped many contributors navigate deep WildFly internals. Congratulations Brian!
>
> It’s been a great journey, so I want to think each and every one of you for your contributions and support over the years. Our work as a community has frequently pushed the envelope, and led to WildFly being one of the most innovative and popular application servers available. While I will be moving on from this role, I won’t be too far way, still participating but tackling a new challenge (I’ll have more to say about that in the future).
>
> With Brian at the helm, and all the great folks contributing to the project, I know WildFly has a bright future. I look forward to seeing the next chapter.
>
> Turn the page.
>
> -Jason

Re: New WildFly Project Lead

Lin Gao
Congratulations Brian!

Best Regards

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 7:23 AM Brian Stansberry <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Senior Software Engineer
JBoss Sustaining Engineering Team

Re: New WildFly Project Lead

Marek Marusic
Congratulations Brian!

Marek Marusic

Associate Software Engineer - JBOSS SET TEAM

Red Hat

Purkyňova 111, 612 00 Brno

[hidden email]

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 3:39 AM Lin Gao <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tristan Tarrant
On 1/7/19 9:21 PM, Jason Greene wrote:
> I am very excited to announce that Brian Stansberry (@bestansberry) will be taking on the role of WildFly project lead. Brian has been a major contributor to the project for almost 15 years now. During this time, he led a number of critical and complex subsystems including Clustering, Management, and most recently the cross-cutting cloud integration work. He is also one of our most active reviewers, and has helped many contributors navigate deep WildFly internals. Congratulations Brian!

Brian just fits that role as much as the role fits Brian. A perfect match.
Thanks Jason for your great leadership.
Thanks Brian for your great leadership.

Tristan

Re: New WildFly Project Lead

Stefan Guilhen
Congratulations, Brian! WildFly has indeed a bright future in your hands!

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 6:26 PM Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

STEFAN GUILHEN

PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Red Hat

[hidden email]    M: <a href="tel:+55-11-98117-7332" style="color:rgb(0,136,206);font-size:11px;margin:0px" target="_blank">+55-11-98117-7332