No longer possible to run individual tests

No longer possible to run individual tests

Stuart Douglas
It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.

This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using

-Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11

works around the issue.

For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
version back to 2.11. Any objections?

Re: No longer possible to run individual tests

Jaikiran Pai
Just yesterday, I was able to run the tests individually and I am pretty
sure my local branch was latest and included this jboss-parent upgrade.
I'll try building afresh today and see if it breaks.

-Jaikiran
On Wednesday 09 January 2013 06:52 AM, Stuart Douglas wrote:

> It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
> possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.
>
> This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using
>
> -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11
>
> works around the issue.
>
> For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
> version back to 2.11. Any objections?
>
> Stuart

Re: No longer possible to run individual tests

Ondrej Zizka
Stuart, could you please send exact line you run?
I have similar report from QA and suspect that it's due to something got
fixed in Surefire which breaks a workaround in TS.

Ondra

On 01/09/2013 02:22 AM, Stuart Douglas wrote:

> It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
> possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.
>
> This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using
>
> -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11
>
> works around the issue.
>
> For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
> version back to 2.11. Any objections?
>
> Stuart

Re: No longer possible to run individual tests

Stuart Douglas
mvn install -Dtest=SinglePostConstructInvocationTestCase

Stuart

Ondrej Zizka wrote:

> Stuart, could you please send exact line you run?
> I have similar report from QA and suspect that it's due to something got
> fixed in Surefire which breaks a workaround in TS.
>
> Ondra
>

> On 01/09/2013 02:22 AM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
>> It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
>> possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.
>>
>> This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using
>>
>> -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11
>>
>> works around the issue.
>>
>> For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
>> version back to 2.11. Any objections?
>>
>> Stuart

Re: No longer possible to run individual tests

Jaikiran Pai
Ah! That's not how I run individual test I use:

mvn install -Dtest=<fully-qualified-testclass-name>

-Jaikiran
On Wednesday 09 January 2013 08:21 AM, Stuart Douglas wrote:

> mvn install -Dtest=SinglePostConstructInvocationTestCase
>
> Stuart
>
> Ondrej Zizka wrote:
>> Stuart, could you please send exact line you run?
>> I have similar report from QA and suspect that it's due to something got
>> fixed in Surefire which breaks a workaround in TS.
>>
>> Ondra
>>

>> On 01/09/2013 02:22 AM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
>>> It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
>>> possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.
>>>
>>> This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using
>>>
>>> -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11
>>>
>>> works around the issue.
>>>
>>> For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
>>> version back to 2.11. Any objections?
>>>
>>> Stuart

Re: No longer possible to run individual tests

James Perkins
This isn't working me either. I see no tests run when I specify
-Dtest=Class or -Dtest=FQCN. When I revert the surefire plugin in
version, everything works as expected.

On 01/08/2013 05:22 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:

> It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
> possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.
>
> This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using
>
> -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11
>
> works around the issue.
>
> For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
> version back to 2.11. Any objections?
>
> Stuart

James R. Perkins

Re: No longer possible to run individual tests

Tomaž Cerar-2
That sounds like this issue http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-827
which was fixed in surefire 2.12.1 but jboss-parent 10 uses 2.12.3

does it work for you if you specify never version of plugin

mvn install -Dtest=test -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.13 ?

--
tomaz

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM, James Perkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
This isn't working me either. I see no tests run when I specify
-Dtest=Class or -Dtest=FQCN. When I revert the surefire plugin in
version, everything works as expected.

On 01/08/2013 05:22 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
> It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
> possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.
>
> This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using
>
> -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11
>
> works around the issue.
>
> For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
> version back to 2.11. Any objections?
>
> Stuart

James R. Perkins

Re: No longer possible to run individual tests

Vladimir Rastseluev
Yes, it works.

Vladimir

which was fixed in surefire 2.12.1 but jboss-parent 10 uses 2.12.3

does it work for you if you specify never version of plugin

mvn install -Dtest=test -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.13 ?

--
tomaz

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM, James Perkins < [hidden email] > wrote:

This isn't working me either. I see no tests run when I specify
-Dtest=Class or -Dtest=FQCN. When I revert the surefire plugin in
version, everything works as expected.

On 01/08/2013 05:22 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:

> It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
> possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.
>
> This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using
>
> -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11
>
> works around the issue.
>
> For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
> version back to 2.11. Any objections?
>
> Stuart

James R. Perkins

Re: No longer possible to run individual tests

Vladimir Rastseluev
Sorry, it works for templates, but doesn't work for a particular test, so

mvn install -Dts.basic -Dts.noSmoke -Dtest=org.jboss.as.test.integration.jca.*.* -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.13 - works

mvn install -Dts.basic -Dts.noSmoke -Dtest=ModuleDeploymentActivationTestCase -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.13 - doesn't work

Vladimir

which was fixed in surefire 2.12.1 but jboss-parent 10 uses 2.12.3

does it work for you if you specify never version of plugin

mvn install -Dtest=test -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.13 ?

--
tomaz

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM, James Perkins < [hidden email] > wrote:

This isn't working me either. I see no tests run when I specify
-Dtest=Class or -Dtest=FQCN. When I revert the surefire plugin in
version, everything works as expected.

On 01/08/2013 05:22 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:

> It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
> possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.
>
> This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using
>
> -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11
>
> works around the issue.
>
> For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
> version back to 2.11. Any objections?
>
> Stuart

James R. Perkins

Re: No longer possible to run individual tests

Tomaž Cerar-2
So the only version that works for everyone is 2.11

I will create PR with change to downgrade it to this version.

--
tomaz

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Vladimir Rastseluev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry, it works for templates, but doesn't work for a particular test, so

mvn install -Dts.basic -Dts.noSmoke -Dtest=org.jboss.as.test.integration.jca.*.* -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.13 - works

mvn install -Dts.basic -Dts.noSmoke -Dtest=ModuleDeploymentActivationTestCase -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.13 - doesn't work

Vladimir

which was fixed in surefire 2.12.1 but jboss-parent 10 uses 2.12.3

does it work for you if you specify never version of plugin

mvn install -Dtest=test -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.13 ?

--
tomaz

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM, James Perkins < [hidden email] > wrote:

This isn't working me either. I see no tests run when I specify
-Dtest=Class or -Dtest=FQCN. When I revert the surefire plugin in
version, everything works as expected.

On 01/08/2013 05:22 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
> It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
> possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.
>
> This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using
>
> -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11
>
> works around the issue.
>
> For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
> version back to 2.11. Any objections?
>
> Stuart

James R. Perkins

which was fixed in surefire 2.12.1 but jboss-parent 10 uses 2.12.3

does it work for you if you specify never version of plugin

mvn install -Dtest=test -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.13 ?

--
tomaz

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM, James Perkins < [hidden email] > wrote:

This isn't working me either. I see no tests run when I specify
-Dtest=Class or -Dtest=FQCN. When I revert the surefire plugin in
version, everything works as expected.

On 01/08/2013 05:22 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
> It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
> possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.
>
> This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using
>
> -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11
>
> works around the issue.
>
> For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
> version back to 2.11. Any objections?
>
> Stuart

James R. Perkins

Re: No longer possible to run individual tests

Alexey Loubyansky
I had the same issue with the CLI tests but then found out that most of
the CLI tests were excluded from the basic integration tests.
Only the help and jms test cases for some reason are included. What was
the logic?

Thanks,
Alexey

On 01/09/2013 02:22 AM, Stuart Douglas wrote:

> It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
> possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.
>
> This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using
>
> -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11
>
> works around the issue.
>
> For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
> version back to 2.11. Any objections?
>
> Stuart

Re: No longer possible to run individual tests

Brian Stansberry
If you don't get an answer, git annotate should provide a clue. We want
tests to be run, of course. :)

On 1/10/13 8:24 AM, Alexey Loubyansky wrote:

> I had the same issue with the CLI tests but then found out that most of
> the CLI tests were excluded from the basic integration tests.
> Only the help and jms test cases for some reason are included. What was
> the logic?
>
> Thanks,
> Alexey
>
> On 01/09/2013 02:22 AM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
>> It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
>> possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.
>>
>> This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using
>>
>> -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11
>>
>> works around the issue.
>>
>> For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
>> version back to 2.11. Any objections?
>>
>> Stuart

Re: No longer possible to run individual tests

James Perkins
Nope didn't run work for me. Doesn't even show me that 0 test were ran, just nothing at all.

The command I ran was (note these tests are not upstream yet): mvn clean test -DallTests -Dtest=CustomHandlerTestCase,Log4jCustomHandlerTestCase -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.13

Out is below though I trimmed off a bunch of the warnings.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building JBoss Application Server Test Suite: Integration - Basic 7.2.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.2:enforce (ban-bad-dependencies) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.2:enforce (enforce-java-version) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.2:enforce (enforce-maven-version) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- buildnumber-maven-plugin:1.2:create-timestamp (get-build-timestamp) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- buildnumber-maven-plugin:1.2:create (get-scm-revision) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] Checking for local modifications: skipped.
[INFO] Updating project files from SCM: skipped.
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic && git rev-parse --verify HEAD
[INFO] Working directory: /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic
[INFO] Storing buildNumber: 493033fd5983ad3d7dd13e5ebb73a9956df1ee2a at timestamp: 1357837798680
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic && git rev-parse --verify HEAD
[INFO] Working directory: /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic
[INFO] Storing buildScmBranch: UNKNOWN
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-help-plugin:2.1.1:active-profiles (help.active-profiles) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] Active profile report written to: /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/target/help.active-profiles.txt
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-help-plugin:2.1.1:effective-pom (help.effective-pom) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] Effective-POM written to: /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/target/help.effective-pom.txt
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-help-plugin:2.1.1:effective-settings (help.effective-settings) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] Effective-settings written to: /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/target/help.effective-settings.txt
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-help-plugin:2.1.1:system (help.system) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] System report written to: /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/target/help.system.txt
[INFO]
[INFO] --- properties-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-2:write-project-properties (default) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-dependency-plugin:2.6:copy (copy-annotations-endorsed) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] Configured Artifact: org.jboss.spec.javax.annotation:jboss-annotations-api_1.1_spec:?:jar
[INFO] org.jboss.spec.javax.annotation:jboss-annotations-api_1.1_spec:1.0.1.Final:jar already exists in /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/target/endorsed
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:resources (default-resources) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/src/main/resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:copy-resources (ts.copy-jbossas.groups) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 246 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:copy-resources (ts.config-as.copy-mgmt-users) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 4 resources
[INFO] Copying 1 resource
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:testResources (default-testResources) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 106 resources
[INFO] Copying 385 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- xml-maven-plugin:1.0:transform (ts.config-as.ip) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] Transforming file: /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/target/jbossas/standalone/configuration/standalone-xts.xml
[INFO] Transforming file: /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/target/jbossas/standalone/configuration/standalone.xml
[INFO] Transforming file: /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/target/jbossas/standalone/configuration/standalone-ha.xml
[INFO] Transforming file: /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/target/jbossas/standalone/configuration/standalone-full-ha.xml
[INFO] Transforming file: /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/target/jbossas/standalone/configuration/standalone-full.xml
[INFO] Transforming file: /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/target/jbossas/standalone/configuration/standalone-osgi.xml
[INFO] Transformed 6 file(s).
[INFO]
[INFO] --- xml-maven-plugin:1.0:transform (ts.config-as.trace-logging) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] --- xml-maven-plugin:1.0:transform (adjust-default-server-configuration-for-basic-tests) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[...]
[INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (prepare-jars-basic-integration.server) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] Executing tasks

main:

build-basic-integration:
[INFO] Executed tasks
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.0:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
[INFO] Compiling 2005 source files to /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/target/test-classes
[WARNING] /home/jperkins/projects/jboss/as/jboss-as/testsuite/integration/basic/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/test/integration/extension/remove/TestExtension.java:[44,49] warning: [deprecation] org.jboss.as.controller.operations.global.WriteAttributeHandlers in org.jboss.as.controller.operations.global has been deprecated
[WARNING] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
[WARNING] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-surefire-plugin:2.13:test (basic-integration-default-full.surefire) @ jboss-as-ts-integ-basic ---
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO] Total time: 42.929s
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Jan 10 09:10:16 PST 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 107M/797M

On 01/10/2013 02:01 AM, Tomaž Cerar wrote:
That sounds like this issue http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-827
which was fixed in surefire 2.12.1 but jboss-parent 10 uses 2.12.3

does it work for you if you specify never version of plugin

mvn install -Dtest=test -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.13 ?

--
tomaz

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM, James Perkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
This isn't working me either. I see no tests run when I specify
-Dtest=Class or -Dtest=FQCN. When I revert the surefire plugin in
version, everything works as expected.

On 01/08/2013 05:22 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
> It looks like since the upgrade to jboss-parent 10 it is no longer
> possible to run individual tests with -Dtest=MyTest.
>
> This seems to have been caused by updating surefire to 2.12.3, as using
>
> -Dversion.surefire.plugin=2.11
>
> works around the issue.
>
> For now I think the best thing to do would be to override the surefire
> version back to 2.11. Any objections?
>
> Stuart

James R. Perkins

James R. Perkins