Not Backward Compatible JBossWS subsystem DMR model change

Not Backward Compatible JBossWS subsystem DMR model change

Richard Opalka
Hello everybody,

    this is ask for confirmation that nobody's affected.

Considering the fact DMR model for <endpoint-config>
WS subsystem element didn't work at all in AS 7.1.0.CR1, I believe that
nobody should be affected, but to be 100% sure, here I go.

This is related to this pull request:

https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/1263

There are many non backward compatible DMR model changes
for <endpoint-config> element of WS subsystem introduced.
The pull request will be accepted when there's nobody affected by this
change.

Is anybody out there using DMR model of <endpoint-config> WS subsystem
element?

I need confirmation namely from:

  * Heiko Braun
  * Heiko Rupp,
  * Alexey Loubyansky
  * anyone affected

Thanks in advance,

Rio

--
Richard Opalka
JBoss, by Red Hat

Re: Not Backward Compatible JBossWS subsystem DMR model change

Richard Opalka
Attaching related IRC discussion for tracking:

<opalka> bstansberry, gotta few minutes to discuss now ?
<opalka> bstansberry, https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/1263
<opalka> bstansberry, U asked about the non backward compatible change there
<bstansberry> opalka: right
<opalka> bstansberry, The fact is DMR model related to <endpoint-config>
element (that is in WS subsystem)
<opalka> bstansberry, was completely unfunctional in 7.1.0.CR1 :(
<opalka> bstansberry, the changes I'm introducing these days in our DMR
model
<opalka> bstansberry, should fix our DMR model to be functional and usable
<opalka> bstansberry, all the changes I introduced these days are not
backward compatible
<opalka> bstansberry, but considering the fact it didn't work in CR1 I'm
not afraid anyone (e.g. Heiko or other users) would be affected
<bstansberry> opalka: I think my comment wasn't clear enough, since I
said "(and all similar ones)"
<bstansberry> that was vague
<bstansberry> my only objection is "handler-class" becomes "class"
<opalka> bstansberry, as I said. It didn't work in AS7 CR1 :(
<bstansberry> I'll gladly merge it if you send an email to me, Heiko
Braun, Heiko Rupp and Alexey Loubyansky asking if that rename will break
them
<bstansberry> and they reply saying no
<opalka> bstansberry, it was not possible to read this model there,
because it was not created.
<opalka> bstansberry, very good.
<opalka> bstansberry, going to send it

Rio

--
Richard Opalka
JBoss, by Red Hat
Cell: +420 731 186 942

Re: Not Backward Compatible JBossWS subsystem DMR model change

Fine with me. We are not yet using this information within the console.

/Heiko

On Jan 30, 2012, at 8:39 PM, Richard Opalka wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
>   this is ask for confirmation that nobody's affected.
>
> Considering the fact DMR model for <endpoint-config>
> WS subsystem element didn't work at all in AS 7.1.0.CR1, I believe that
> nobody should be affected, but to be 100% sure, here I go.
>
> This is related to this pull request:
>
> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/1263
>
> There are many non backward compatible DMR model changes
> for <endpoint-config> element of WS subsystem introduced.
> The pull request will be accepted when there's nobody affected by this change.
>
> Is anybody out there using DMR model of <endpoint-config> WS subsystem element?
>
> I need confirmation namely from:
>
> * Heiko Braun
> * Heiko Rupp,
> * Alexey Loubyansky
> * anyone affected
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rio
>
> --
> Richard Opalka
> JBoss, by Red Hat
> Cell: +420 731 186 942

Re: Not Backward Compatible JBossWS subsystem DMR model change

Alexey Loubyansky
The cli is fine.

Alexey

On 01/30/2012 08:39 PM, Richard Opalka wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> this is ask for confirmation that nobody's affected.
>
> Considering the fact DMR model for <endpoint-config>
> WS subsystem element didn't work at all in AS 7.1.0.CR1, I believe that
> nobody should be affected, but to be 100% sure, here I go.
>
> This is related to this pull request:
>
> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/1263
>
> There are many non backward compatible DMR model changes
> for <endpoint-config> element of WS subsystem introduced.
> The pull request will be accepted when there's nobody affected by this
> change.
>
> Is anybody out there using DMR model of <endpoint-config> WS subsystem
> element?
>
> I need confirmation namely from:
>
> * Heiko Braun
> * Heiko Rupp,
> * Alexey Loubyansky
> * anyone affected
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rio

Re: Not Backward Compatible JBossWS subsystem DMR model change

Heiko W.Rupp

fine with me - as long as :read-resource-description is complete afterwards .->

  Heiko

Am 30.01.2012 um 20:39 schrieb Richard Opalka:

> Hello everybody,
>
>    this is ask for confirmation that nobody's affected.
>
> Considering the fact DMR model for <endpoint-config>
> WS subsystem element didn't work at all in AS 7.1.0.CR1, I believe that
> nobody should be affected, but to be 100% sure, here I go.
>
> This is related to this pull request:
>
> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/1263
>
> There are many non backward compatible DMR model changes
> for <endpoint-config> element of WS subsystem introduced.
> The pull request will be accepted when there's nobody affected by this
> change.
>
> Is anybody out there using DMR model of <endpoint-config> WS subsystem
> element?
>
> I need confirmation namely from:
>
>  * Heiko Braun
>  * Heiko Rupp,
>  * Alexey Loubyansky
>  * anyone affected
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rio
>
> --
> Richard Opalka
> JBoss, by Red Hat
> Cell: +420 731 186 942

Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht M├╝nchen HRB 153243
Geschaeftsf├╝hrer:  Mark Hegarty, Charlie Peters, Michael Cunningham, Charles Cachera

Re: Not Backward Compatible JBossWS subsystem DMR model change

Richard Opalka
Hi Brian,

    all JON, CLI & Console leads confirmed they're not affected.
Would U merge, please?

Thanks in advance,

Rio

On 01/31/2012 12:44 PM, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> fine with me - as long as :read-resource-description is complete afterwards .->
>
>    Heiko
>
> Am 30.01.2012 um 20:39 schrieb Richard Opalka:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>>     this is ask for confirmation that nobody's affected.
>>
>> Considering the fact DMR model for<endpoint-config>
>> WS subsystem element didn't work at all in AS 7.1.0.CR1, I believe that
>> nobody should be affected, but to be 100% sure, here I go.
>>
>> This is related to this pull request:
>>
>> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/1263
>>
>> There are many non backward compatible DMR model changes
>> for<endpoint-config>  element of WS subsystem introduced.
>> The pull request will be accepted when there's nobody affected by this
>> change.
>>
>> Is anybody out there using DMR model of<endpoint-config>  WS subsystem
>> element?
>>
>> I need confirmation namely from:
>>
>>   * Heiko Braun
>>   * Heiko Rupp,
>>   * Alexey Loubyansky
>>   * anyone affected
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Rio
>>
>> --
>> Richard Opalka
>> JBoss, by Red Hat
>> Cell: +420 731 186 942

Richard Opalka
JBoss, by Red Hat
Cell: +420 731 186 942

Re: Not Backward Compatible JBossWS subsystem DMR model change

Brian Stansberry
Sure. Thanks, everybody.