Patching generation facility broken with WildFly 13?

Patching generation facility broken with WildFly 13?

Guillaume Smet
Hi,

For some time now, we build WildFly patches for Hibernate Validator.

With 11 and 12, everything was OK, but I just tried to upgrade to WildFly 13 and the patch-gen-maven-plugin fails with the following error in the patchgen.log:
java.io.IOException: org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException: org.jboss.modules:main
    at org.jboss.as.patching.generator.DistributionProcessor.process(DistributionProcessor.java:106)
    at org.jboss.as.patching.generator.Distribution.create(Distribution.java:68)
    at org.jboss.as.patching.generator.PatchGenerator.process(PatchGenerator.java:129)
    at org.jboss.as.patching.generator.PatchGenerator.main(PatchGenerator.java:73)
Caused by: org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException: org.jboss.modules:main
    at org.jboss.modules.Module.addPaths(Module.java:1116)
    at org.jboss.modules.Module.link(Module.java:1472)
    at org.jboss.modules.Module.relinkIfNecessary(Module.java:1500)
    at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModule(ModuleLoader.java:226)
    at org.jboss.as.patching.generator.DistributionProcessor.process(DistributionProcessor.java:93)
    ... 3 more

My branch is here: https://github.com/gsmet/hibernate-validator/tree/HV-1622 . A simple mvn clean install fails with the above error. If you drop the latest commit and go back to build WF 11 and 12, everything is fine.

I use the latest patch-gen-maven-plugin with the latest wildfly-core (5.0.0.Final) so the latest wildfly-patching.

Note that we usually support 2 versions of WF so I would like to keep supporting WF 12 too.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--
Guillaume

Re: Patching generation facility broken with WildFly 13?

Alexey Loubyansky
Hi Guillaume,

thanks for bringing this up. There have been some changes in the module deps in wfcore since the release referenced from the patch gen. Please try this branch https://github.com/aloubyansky/patch-gen-1/commits/upgrade-wfcore-5

I was able to build your branch with your last commit and w/o it. If that works for you, please let me know, I'll make a release with the fix.

Thanks,
Alexey

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 2:13 PM, Guillaume Smet <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Alexey,

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 4:41 PM Alexey Loubyansky <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was able to build your branch with your last commit and w/o it. If that works for you, please let me know, I'll make a release with the fix.

I confirm it now works like a charm: I can build my patches for WF 12 and 13. Thanks for the quick fix.

Looking forward to the release.

Thanks!

--
Guillaume

Re: Patching generation facility broken with WildFly 13?

Guillaume Smet
On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 2:18 PM Alexey Loubyansky <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks a lot Alexey! Will wait for it to show up on Maven Central and will update my build.

--
Guillaume