Perl, Bash/Curl, ....anyone else ?

Max Rydahl Andersen
Hi,

Just for fun I created https://github.com/maxandersen/as7scripting
to create various snippets to show scripting of AS7 in all the various scripting languages we can come up with.

We got Perl and a cure bash/curl - anyone up for adding python, php, scala, ...?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Re: Perl, Bash/Curl, ....anyone else ?

Jim Crossley
Hi Max,

I have a ruby version (for TorqueSpec) here:
https://github.com/torquebox/torquespec/blob/master/lib/torquespec/as7.rb

It's slightly different from your versions:

1) Instead of posting the entire contents of the artifact, a file URL is
sent.  This is because the deployment descriptors I'm posting are
referencing colocated paths anyway, so jarring 'em up into .knob files is
wasteful.

2) Logic to forcibly redeploy a previously-added artifact is included.

I'll hack up something similar to your versions and send you a PR.

Jim

Max Rydahl Andersen <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Just for fun I created https://github.com/maxandersen/as7scripting
> to create various snippets to show scripting of AS7 in all the various scripting languages we can come up with.
>
> We got Perl and a cure bash/curl - anyone up for adding python, php, scala, ...?
>
> /max
> http://about.me/maxandersen

Re: Perl, Bash/Curl, ....anyone else ?

Marek Goldmann
Jim, Max,

Here is my approach for Ruby:

        https://github.com/maxandersen/as7scripting/pull/1

--Marek

On 2011-07-13, at 17:30, Jim Crossley wrote:

> Hi Max,
>
> I have a ruby version (for TorqueSpec) here:
> https://github.com/torquebox/torquespec/blob/master/lib/torquespec/as7.rb
>
> It's slightly different from your versions:
>
> 1) Instead of posting the entire contents of the artifact, a file URL is
> sent.  This is because the deployment descriptors I'm posting are
> referencing colocated paths anyway, so jarring 'em up into .knob files is
> wasteful.
>
> 2) Logic to forcibly redeploy a previously-added artifact is included.
>
> I'll hack up something similar to your versions and send you a PR.
>
> Jim
>
> Max Rydahl Andersen <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just for fun I created https://github.com/maxandersen/as7scripting
>> to create various snippets to show scripting of AS7 in all the various scripting languages we can come up with.
>>
>> We got Perl and a cure bash/curl - anyone up for adding python, php, scala, ...?
>>
>> /max
>> http://about.me/maxandersen

Re: Perl, Bash/Curl, ....anyone else ?

Max Rydahl Andersen

> I have a ruby version (for TorqueSpec) here:
> https://github.com/torquebox/torquespec/blob/master/lib/torquespec/as7.rb
>
> It's slightly different from your versions:
>
> 1) Instead of posting the entire contents of the artifact, a file URL is
> sent.  This is because the deployment descriptors I'm posting are
> referencing colocated paths anyway, so jarring 'em up into .knob files is
> wasteful.

ah, i was looking for an example of that so thats good.

> 2) Logic to forcibly redeploy a previously-added artifact is included.

ah error handling - such a nice thing ;)

I was actually starting to add error handling but because of https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1274
I couldn't trigger an error ;)

> I'll hack up something similar to your versions and send you a PR.

cool.

/max

> Jim
>
> Max Rydahl Andersen <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just for fun I created https://github.com/maxandersen/as7scripting
>> to create various snippets to show scripting of AS7 in all the various scripting languages we can come up with.
>>
>> We got Perl and a cure bash/curl - anyone up for adding python, php, scala, ...?
>>
>> /max
>> http://about.me/maxandersen

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen