Please help to investigate deadlock conditions in Management API

Please help to investigate deadlock conditions in Management API

Karel Piwko
Hi,

I'm experiencing deadlocks while working with Management API, either during
deployment or during check of the server status. It manifest itself (in Jenkins)
by creating multiple (thousands) XNIO NIO Read / Write threads until thread
limit is reached. It does not manifest every build but I got this at least 4
times so far.

Both the management operations are fired via Surefire and Arquillian. I don't
think they are related to the Arquillian Container Binding though.

I've filled AS7-2110 (and JBPAPP-7388 with further information). Note I marked
it as blocker as it effectively disallows automatized testing on AS7. Any hint
what should cause this are highly appreciated, I'll be glad to provide more
information.

Thanks,

Karel

Re: Please help to investigate deadlock conditions in Management API

David Lloyd-2
On 10/14/2011 09:34 AM, Karel Piwko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm experiencing deadlocks while working with Management API, either during
> deployment or during check of the server status. It manifest itself (in Jenkins)
> by creating multiple (thousands) XNIO NIO Read / Write threads until thread
> limit is reached. It does not manifest every build but I got this at least 4
> times so far.
>
> Both the management operations are fired via Surefire and Arquillian. I don't
> think they are related to the Arquillian Container Binding though.
>
> I've filled AS7-2110 (and JBPAPP-7388 with further information). Note I marked
> it as blocker as it effectively disallows automatized testing on AS7. Any hint
> what should cause this are highly appreciated, I'll be glad to provide more
> information.

That's definitely a bug; all management connections should be reusing
the same Remoting endpoint and the same I/O threads.