Preliminary status of CR1 and Tooling compatibility

Preliminary status of CR1 and Tooling compatibility

Max Rydahl Andersen
Hi Jason,

Been a busy day but here are the current findings:

All major functionality works for local auth when using JBoss Tools/Developer Studio M5 against AS7.1.CRlatest
start, stop, detection of module, restart of module all works.

Remote auth we are still verifying (but don't expect issues)

And all examples in JBoss Central seem to work fine too (this is better than AS 7b1).
I will though like to double check this but i'm running out of time today.

The only "glitch" we found is that you moved from ="9999" to ="${property:9999]"
which our server editor does not like, but it can be worked around.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-10513 - if someone could point to
where in AS7 codebase the algorithm/parsing is for this we will make sure
JBoss Tools understands this by its next release.

Thus in short: everything looks fine as of today.

If you guys change things in removing or other "sensitive" areas
before 21st let us know and we'll rerun our manual tests.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Re: Preliminary status of CR1 and Tooling compatibility

https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-dmr/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jboss/dmr/ExpressionValue.java#L118

> Thus in short: everything looks fine as of today.
>
> If you guys change things in removing or other "sensitive" areas
> before 21st let us know and we'll rerun our manual tests.
>
> /max
> http://about.me/maxandersen

Re: Preliminary status of CR1 and Tooling compatibility

Brian Stansberry
On 12/18/11 11:19 AM, Brian Stansberry wrote:

> On 12/16/11 9:30 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> Been a busy day but here are the current findings:
>>
>> All major functionality works for local auth when using JBoss Tools/Developer Studio M5 against AS7.1.CRlatest
>> start, stop, detection of module, restart of module all works.
>>
>> Remote auth we are still verifying (but don't expect issues)
>>
>> And all examples in JBoss Central seem to work fine too (this is better than AS 7b1).
>> I will though like to double check this but i'm running out of time today.
>>
>> The only "glitch" we found is that you moved from ="9999" to ="${property:9999]"
>> which our server editor does not like, but it can be worked around.
>>
>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-10513 - if someone could point to
>> where in AS7 codebase the algorithm/parsing is for this we will make sure
>> JBoss Tools understands this by its next release.
>>

> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-dmr/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jboss/dmr/ExpressionValue.java#L118

The link ^^^ is to the code for how a ModelNode of type EXPRESSION
resolves the expression into ModelNode of type STRING.

Which begs the question how some arbitrary text in an XML file or sent
by a CLI user ends up as a node of type EXPRESSION. The utility I use
for that is:

https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/controller/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/controller/parsing/ParseUtils.java#L418