Problems running liferay portal in jboss7

Problems running liferay portal in jboss7

Sebastian Otaegui
Hello all,

In the company I work for we are running liferay (4.3.5, 5.2 and 6.0.5) on jboss eap 4.3

I tried running a vanilla liferay on jboss 7 and failed.

I created this thread in the message board.

Do you guys think I should file a jira?

Regards
Any sufficiently recent Microsoft OS contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Unix.

Re: Problems running liferay portal in jboss7

Sebastian Otaegui
I was able to move a little bit further but now it is logging:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalClassLoaderUtil#1be4a61a' defined in class path resource [META-INF/hibernate-spring.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.aspectj.weaver.reflect.ReflectionWorld$ReflectionWorldException: warning can't determine superclass of missing type org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader
 [Xlint:cantFindType]

com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalClassLoaderUtil is part of the module I defined

Any ideas?

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Sebastian Otaegui <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

In the company I work for we are running liferay (4.3.5, 5.2 and 6.0.5) on jboss eap 4.3

I tried running a vanilla liferay on jboss 7 and failed.

I created this thread in the message board.

Do you guys think I should file a jira?

Regards
Any sufficiently recent Microsoft OS contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Unix.

Any sufficiently recent Microsoft OS contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Unix.

Re: Problems running liferay portal in jboss7

David Lloyd-2
Add "org.jboss.modules" to your dependencies (though I thought that it
was automatically added...?).

You can do this by adding/modifying the "Dependencies:" line in your
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF.  It's a comma-separated list of module names, just
add "org.jboss.modules" to it (no quotes).

On 07/18/2011 05:46 PM, Sebastian Otaegui wrote:

> I was able to move a little bit further but now it is logging:
>
> Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
> Error creating bean with name
> 'com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalClassLoaderUtil#1be4a61a' defined
> in class path resource [META-INF/hibernate-spring.xml]: Initialization
> of bean failed; nested exception is
> org.aspectj.weaver.reflect.ReflectionWorld$ReflectionWorldException:
> warning can't determine superclass of missing type
> org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader
>   [Xlint:cantFindType]
>

> com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalClassLoaderUtil is part of the
> module I defined
>
> this is the thread: http://community.jboss.org/thread/169198
>
> Any ideas?
>

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Sebastian Otaegui <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hello all,
>
>     In the company I work for we are running liferay (4.3.5, 5.2 and
>     6.0.5) on jboss eap 4.3
>
>     I tried running a vanilla liferay on jboss 7 and failed.
>
>     I created this thread in the message board.
>
>     http://community.jboss.org/thread/169198
>
>     Do you guys think I should file a jira?
>
>     Regards
>     --
>     Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
>     Any sufficiently recent Microsoft OS contains an ad hoc,
>     informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Unix.
>

> --
> Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
> Any sufficiently recent Microsoft OS contains an ad hoc,
> informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Unix.

Re: Problems running liferay portal in jboss7

Sebastian Otaegui
I am now getting:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'mBeanServer': Post-processing of the FactoryBean's object failed; nested exception is org.aspectj.weaver.reflect.ReflectionWorld$ReflectionWorldException: warning can't determine superclass of missing type com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer
 [Xlint:cantFindType]

But that is part of the jvm and I cannot find if it is being exported by another module.

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:25 AM, David M. Lloyd <[hidden email]> wrote:
Add "org.jboss.modules" to your dependencies (though I thought that it
was automatically added...?).

You can do this by adding/modifying the "Dependencies:" line in your
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF.  It's a comma-separated list of module names, just
add "org.jboss.modules" to it (no quotes).

On 07/18/2011 05:46 PM, Sebastian Otaegui wrote:
> I was able to move a little bit further but now it is logging:
>
> Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
> Error creating bean with name
> 'com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalClassLoaderUtil#1be4a61a' defined
> in class path resource [META-INF/hibernate-spring.xml]: Initialization
> of bean failed; nested exception is
> org.aspectj.weaver.reflect.ReflectionWorld$ReflectionWorldException:
> warning can't determine superclass of missing type
> org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader
>   [Xlint:cantFindType]
>

> com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalClassLoaderUtil is part of the
> module I defined
>
> this is the thread: http://community.jboss.org/thread/169198
>
> Any ideas?
>

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Sebastian Otaegui <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hello all,
>
>     In the company I work for we are running liferay (4.3.5, 5.2 and
>     6.0.5) on jboss eap 4.3
>
>     I tried running a vanilla liferay on jboss 7 and failed.
>
>     I created this thread in the message board.
>
>     http://community.jboss.org/thread/169198
>
>     Do you guys think I should file a jira?
>
>     Regards
>     --
>     Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
>     Any sufficiently recent Microsoft OS contains an ad hoc,
>     informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Unix.
>

> --
> Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
> Any sufficiently recent Microsoft OS contains an ad hoc,
> informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Unix.

Any sufficiently recent Microsoft OS contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Unix.

Re: Problems running liferay portal in jboss7

Marius Bogoevici
1. com.sun.jmx classes are not exported by any module

They are contained in the 'system' module, and the best practice would be to actually import only the classes that you need, so:

If you want to use jboss-deployment-structure as described in https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Class+Loading+in+AS7
you can include something like:

<dependencies>
<!-- other modules -->
<module name="system" export="false">
            <imports>
                <include path name="com/sun/jmx"/>
                <exclude path="/**" />
            </imports>
        </module>
</dependencies>

which will only import the com.sun.jmx group of classes.

Or you can create a module of your own and install it in AS7, e.g. com.sun.jmx and add a dependency from your application.

e.g. create $JBOSS_HOME/modules/com/sun/jmx/main/module.xml

with the content of
<module xmlns="urn:jboss:module:1.0" name="com.sun.jmx">
    <dependencies>
        <module name="system" export="false">
            <exports>
                <include-set>
                    <path name="com/sun/jmx"/>
                </include-set>
            </exports>
        </module>
    </dependencies>
</module>

2. From the application/AspectJ side, you could try using within() to minimize the number of classes being scanned.

Sebastian Otaegui wrote:
I am now getting:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'mBeanServer': Post-processing of the FactoryBean's object failed; nested exception is org.aspectj.weaver.reflect.ReflectionWorld$ReflectionWorldException: warning can't determine superclass of missing type com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer
 [Xlint:cantFindType]

But that is part of the jvm and I cannot find if it is being exported by another module.

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:25 AM, David M. Lloyd <[hidden email]> wrote:
Add "org.jboss.modules" to your dependencies (though I thought that it
was automatically added...?).

You can do this by adding/modifying the "Dependencies:" line in your
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF.  It's a comma-separated list of module names, just
add "org.jboss.modules" to it (no quotes).

On 07/18/2011 05:46 PM, Sebastian Otaegui wrote:
> I was able to move a little bit further but now it is logging:
>
> Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
> Error creating bean with name
> 'com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalClassLoaderUtil#1be4a61a' defined
> in class path resource [META-INF/hibernate-spring.xml]: Initialization
> of bean failed; nested exception is
> org.aspectj.weaver.reflect.ReflectionWorld$ReflectionWorldException:
> warning can't determine superclass of missing type
> org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader
>   [Xlint:cantFindType]
>

> com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalClassLoaderUtil is part of the
> module I defined
>
> this is the thread: http://community.jboss.org/thread/169198
>
> Any ideas?
>

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Sebastian Otaegui <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hello all,
>
>     In the company I work for we are running liferay (4.3.5, 5.2 and
>     6.0.5) on jboss eap 4.3
>
>     I tried running a vanilla liferay on jboss 7 and failed.
>
>     I created this thread in the message board.
>
>     http://community.jboss.org/thread/169198
>
>     Do you guys think I should file a jira?
>
>     Regards
>     --
>     Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
>     Any sufficiently recent Microsoft OS contains an ad hoc,
>     informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Unix.
>

> --
> Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
> Any sufficiently recent Microsoft OS contains an ad hoc,
> informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Unix.

Any sufficiently recent Microsoft OS contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Unix.

Re: Problems running liferay portal in jboss7

Sebastian Otaegui
I am one step further.

I created the module as instructed in the document you pointed out and the jmx part didnt complain again.

Now I am having this error:
15:44:26,870 INFO  [stdout] (MSC service thread 1-2) 15:44:26,868 ERROR [PortalInstances:354] com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: com.liferay.util.EncryptorException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE from [Module "deployment.liferay.war:main" from Service Module Loader]

and I added <include path="com/sun/crypto"/> as I did with the com.sun.jmx and didn't work do I have to do something special for com.sun.crypto ?

What is happening now is not making a lot of sense.

<jboss-deployment-structure xmlns="urn:jboss:deployment-structure:1.0">
  <deployment>
    <exclusions>
       <module name="org.hibernate"/>
    </exclusions>