Quickstarts unused/undeclared dependencies

Quickstarts unused/undeclared dependencies

Paul Gier
The quickstarts currently have some possibly incorrect dependencies.
For example, using "mvn dependency:analyze" against the helloworld
quickstart reports the following dependency warnings.  Should these be
fixed, or is there a reason to keep it as is?

[WARNING] Used undeclared dependencies found:
[WARNING]    javax.inject:javax.inject:jar:1:provided
[WARNING] Unused declared dependencies found:
[WARNING]    javax.enterprise:cdi-api:jar:1.0-SP4:provided
[WARNING]
org.jboss.spec.javax.annotation:jboss-annotations-api_1.1_spec:jar:1.0.0.Final:provided

Re: Quickstarts unused/undeclared dependencies

Pete Muir
I guess this is happening because cdi-api has a transitive dependency on atinject?

Personally, I think it's clearer the way it is today, than to change this, as CDI is in use to implement atinejct, we just aren't using atinject dependencies.

Is there a good reason to change this?

On 22 Dec 2011, at 14:26, Paul Gier wrote:

> The quickstarts currently have some possibly incorrect dependencies.
> For example, using "mvn dependency:analyze" against the helloworld
> quickstart reports the following dependency warnings.  Should these be
> fixed, or is there a reason to keep it as is?
>
> [WARNING] Used undeclared dependencies found:
> [WARNING]    javax.inject:javax.inject:jar:1:provided
> [WARNING] Unused declared dependencies found:
> [WARNING]    javax.enterprise:cdi-api:jar:1.0-SP4:provided
> [WARNING]
> org.jboss.spec.javax.annotation:jboss-annotations-api_1.1_spec:jar:1.0.0.Final:provided

Re: Quickstarts unused/undeclared dependencies

Paul Gier
Right, cdi-api has the transitive dep so javax.inject is in the compile
classpath even though it's not specified in the pom.
Ok, let's just keep it as is.