Re: Using Dependencies: in a Web application

Re: Using Dependencies: in a Web application

Michael Musgrove
The application porting guide
(https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/How+do+I+migrate+my+application+from+AS5+or+AS6+to+AS7)
says to use

Dependencies: org.slf4j.jcl-over-slf4j

I tried this on one of my resteasy apps but got the same error so I
ended up porting over to jboss logging.

--
Michael Musgrove
[hidden email]

JBoss, by Red Hat
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Brendan Lane (Ireland), Matt Parson
(USA), Charlie Peters (USA)

Re: Using Dependencies: in a Web application

Was there any other stack trace on this one? I'll try to reproduce in
the meantime?

Thanks.

On 6/22/11 9:22 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Dear all,
> I'm testing the usage of Dependencies: in an Web application which uses
> Log4j.
> So I have dropped into my Web application a file META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
> containing:
> Dependencies: org.apache.log4j
>
> However the application server complains that still cannot find Log4j
> classes.
>
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.log4j.Logger
> from [Modul
> e "deployment.Test.war:main" from Service Module Loader]
>          at
>          org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:
> 188) [:1.0.0.CR3]
>          at
>          org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(Concu
> rrentClassLoader.java:358) [:1.0.0.CR3]
>          at
>          org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(Concu
> rrentClassLoader.java:330) [:1.0.0.CR3]
>          at
>          org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClass(ConcurrentCl
> assLoader.java:307) [:1.0.0.CR3]
>          at
>          org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.loadClass(ConcurrentClassLoad
> er.java:101) [:1.0.0.CR3]
>          ... 13 more

Re: Using Dependencies: in a Web application

David M. Lloyd
Ah, that's simply incorrect.  I'll update the doc.

On 06/28/2011 07:30 AM, Michael Musgrove wrote:

> The application porting guide
> (https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/How+do+I+migrate+my+application+from+AS5+or+AS6+to+AS7)
> says to use
>
> Dependencies: org.slf4j.jcl-over-slf4j
>
> I tried this on one of my resteasy apps but got the same error so I
> ended up porting over to jboss logging.
>
>> Dear all,
>> I'm testing the usage of Dependencies: in an Web application which uses
>> Log4j.
>> So I have dropped into my Web application a file META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
>> containing:
>> Dependencies: org.apache.log4j
>>
>> However the application server complains that still cannot find Log4j
>> classes.
>>
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.log4j.Logger
>> from [Modul
>> e "deployment.Test.war:main" from Service Module Loader]
>>           at
>>           org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:
>> 188) [:1.0.0.CR3]
>>           at
>>           org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(Concu
>> rrentClassLoader.java:358) [:1.0.0.CR3]
>>           at
>>           org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(Concu
>> rrentClassLoader.java:330) [:1.0.0.CR3]
>>           at
>>           org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClass(ConcurrentCl
>> assLoader.java:307) [:1.0.0.CR3]
>>           at
>>           org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.loadClass(ConcurrentClassLoad
>> er.java:101) [:1.0.0.CR3]
>>           ... 13 more

Re: Using Dependencies: in a Web application

Bill Burke
Are you sure users want to have to edit Manifest to declare
dependencies?  For each component are they going to have to add the jars
for that component type?  i.e. All the 15 EJB jars, or the 20 resteasy
jars/dependencies?

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: Using Dependencies: in a Web application

Brian Stansberry
Did you see this?

https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Implicit+module+dependencies+for+deployments