Read a snapshot?

Ondrej Zizka
Hi,

is there a way to read a snapshot and apply it (or what's possible to apply) on a running instance?

I can only see "take" and "list"
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Configuration+file+history

Ondra

Re: Read a snapshot?

Brian Stansberry
If you mean have the running server do a diff and then make a couple
updates to bring itself into the state reflected by the snapshot, no.

You can tell the server to use a snapshot when it launches. E.g. if
you'd created snapshot 20110630-172258657standalone.xml you could:

./standalone.sh --server-config=20110630-172258657

I believe you only have to include enough of 20110630-172.... to
uniquely identify the snapshot.

Rich Sharples created a JIRA[1] last week to be able to trigger a server
reload (a la what can be done with the :reload operation) while passing
a snapshot name. Effect would be the reload would use the snapshot and
not the current file.

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2347

On 11/4/11 11:20 AM, Ondřej Žižka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to read a snapshot and apply it (or what's possible to
> apply) on a running instance?
>
> I can only see "take" and "list"
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Configuration+file+history
>
> Ondra

Re: Read a snapshot?

Ondrej Zizka
Brian Stansberry píše v Pá 04. 11. 2011 v 12:20 -0500:
Rich Sharples created a JIRA[1] last week to be able to trigger a server
reload (a la what can be done with the :reload operation) while passing
a snapshot name. Effect would be the reload would use the snapshot and
not the current file.

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2347
That's exactly what could help.
Forwarding to QE's.