Rename wildfly/archetypes -> wildfly/wildfly-archetypes and add archetypes for creating applications

Rename wildfly/archetypes -> wildfly/wildfly-archetypes and add archetypes for creating applications

Pete Muir
As per subject, we would like to rename the repo to follow the normal naming process. We would also like to add and release a couple of archetypes for creating web-app projects for WildFly.

Any objections?

Re: Rename wildfly/archetypes -> wildfly/wildfly-archetypes and add archetypes for creating applications

Tomaž Cerar-2
Go for it.

Sent from my PhoneFrom: Pete Muir

Re: Rename wildfly/archetypes -> wildfly/wildfly-archetypes and add archetypes for creating applications

Pete Muir
Thanks Tomaz.

I did the rename (https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-archetypes). I added the archetypes-push team, and put Rafael in it, so he can manage these archetypes.

Pete

On 26 Aug 2014, at 14:05, Tomaž Cerar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Go for it.
>
> Sent from my PhoneFrom: Pete Muir
> Sent: ‎26/‎08/‎2014 12:05
> To: WildFly Dev
> Cc: Rafael Benevides
> Subject: [wildfly-dev] Rename wildfly/archetypes ->
> wildfly/wildfly-archetypes and add archetypes for creating applications
> As per subject, we would like to rename the repo to follow the normal
> naming process. We would also like to add and release a couple of
> archetypes for creating web-app projects for WildFly.
>
> Any objections?

New wildfly-javaee7-webapp Archetypes

Rafael Benevides
Hi all,

I added the wildfly-javaee7-webapp-*-archetype to https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-archetypes and also performed a release of them as 8.1.0.CR1 to
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/jboss_releases_staging_profile-3775/

This will give us a chance to test it before I can promote this staged repository.

Note that these Archetypes are kept synchronized with its original quickstarts from https://github.com/wildfly/quickstart through QSTools ( http://jboss-developer.github.io/maven-qstools-plugin/ )

Once that everybody is ok, I can do a .Final release and ask it to be synched with Maven Central

Every feedback is welcome!

Thanks

Em 8/26/14, 11:20, Pete Muir escreveu:
Thanks Tomaz.

I did the rename (https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-archetypes). I added the archetypes-push team, and put Rafael in it, so he can manage these archetypes.

Pete

On 26 Aug 2014, at 14:05, Tomaž Cerar [hidden email] wrote:

Go for it.

Sent from my PhoneFrom: Pete Muir

Re: New wildfly-javaee7-webapp Archetypes

Rafael Benevides
Hi all,

Considering that there's no objection, I'll release 8.1.0.Final Archetypes until the end of the week and promote it to Maven Central.

Please, let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks

Em 8/26/14, 13:39, Rafael Benevides escreveu:
[...]

Please use more recent jboss-parent if noting else.
As version 8 your are using doesn't allow / compile to java7
which is kinda annoying if you are trying to show off ee7 features...
Current latest is 16.

also update url's in pom to point to wildfly.org.

beyond that I am fine with doing release.

--
tomaz

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Rafael Benevides <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Tomaž! ;)

I fixed it
https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-archetypes/compare/6f81d40b0e7cf0c452...f0d73d3db5328a0eb454e

Em 9/9/14, 11:13, Tomaž Cerar escreveu:
[...]

After promoting the staged Archetype I realized that Quickstarts archetypes (  org.wildfly.archetype )  uses a different groupId than Subsystem archetypes (  org.wildfly.archetypes - plural )  as you can see here: https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/wildfly/

Since they are used for different purposes, I don't think that it's an issue, but I'd like to hear if we should make them the same for Wildfly 9.

Thanks.

Em 9/9/14, 11:29, Rafael Benevides escreveu:
[...]

+1 :)

 but this could mean leave this as it is forever  (two kinds of archetypes with two groupIds) or change it on next release (same groupId for both)

Both could avoid confusion from different perspectives :p

Em 9/10/14, 11:58, Sande Gilda escreveu:
[...]

They should be kept consistent.
both should use same groupId.

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Rafael Benevides <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Well,

I don't think it will be possible for this release because it was synched with Maven Central: http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Corg.wildfly.archetype

It will be made for Wildfly 9.0 Archetypes.

Given that there's only one release of org.wildfly.archetypes:wildfly-subsystem ( http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ca%3A%22wildfly-subsystem%22 ) . It will be renamed to org.wildfly.archetype (in singular) as it have been using in EAP and WFK Archetypes

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Rafael Benevides <[hidden email]> wrote:
Given that there's only one release of org.wildfly.archetypes:wildfly-subsystem ( http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ca%3A%22wildfly-subsystem%22 ) . It will be renamed to org.wildfly.archetype (in singular) as it have been using in EAP and WFK Archetypes

Sure, that is fine.