Rethinking WildFly BOMs

Eduardo Martins-2
Hello all, I have prepared a document with respect to a major rework of the WildFly BOMs project, with focus on automating most of its maintenance.

Please have a look at it, specially if you consume any BOM or you are involved with BOMs or WildFly component development somehow, and if not asking too much please provide some feedback.

I am aware that the document has a lot to digest and I suggest feedback is provided through Google Docs comments.

Thank in advance,

—E

WildFly BOMs Lead

Re: Rethinking WildFly BOMs

Brian Stansberry
Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for this. I encourage the leads for the components involved in our boms to have a look.  My impression is this would be EJB, JMS, Web Services, REST, JPA, Clustering, Security.  The first three we provide specific client boms, and the rest are part of the overall 'javaee8' bom.

- Brian

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 3:19 AM Eduardo Martins <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all, I have prepared a document with respect to a major rework of the WildFly BOMs project, with focus on automating most of its maintenance.

Please have a look at it, specially if you consume any BOM or you are involved with BOMs or WildFly component development somehow, and if not asking too much please provide some feedback.

I am aware that the document has a lot to digest and I suggest feedback is provided through Google Docs comments.

Thank in advance,

—E

WildFly BOMs Lead

Re: Rethinking WildFly BOMs

Eduardo Martins-2
Hi again, I would like to move forward the discussion wrt BOM builders and the enhanced maven plugin, to help on that I recently added an  extensive “A Closer Look to the enhanced Maven Plugin” section, which content should “later” become the plugin’s user guide.

Also, in case you were reviewing the plugin implementation, please note these also had a major update, this was due to the need of keeping and managing the original builder’s dependency management order, which matters to Maven when resolving transitive dependency conflicts.

—E

On 18 Apr 2019, at 09:18, Eduardo Martins <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello all, I have prepared a document with respect to a major rework of the WildFly BOMs project, with focus on automating most of its maintenance.

Please have a look at it, specially if you consume any BOM or you are involved with BOMs or WildFly component development somehow, and if not asking too much please provide some feedback.

I am aware that the document has a lot to digest and I suggest feedback is provided through Google Docs comments.

Thank in advance,

—E

WildFly BOMs Lead

Re: Rethinking WildFly BOMs

Brian Stansberry
Hi Eduardo,

I think this is the right thing to do; let's proceed!

Cheers,
Brian

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 2:04 AM Eduardo Martins <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Red Hat