Security Realm Configuration

Heiko Braun

I was looking at the security related admin tasks again.
Wondering how the management of security realms could be represented
within the web interface.

Ideally users should be able to declare and manage security realms from the console
and then references these realms from subsystems that need to be secured:

- JMS
- Web Services
- HTTP/Servlet
- EJB
- Remoting
- JCA
- JDBC

I would need some help to bring al the pieces of the puzzle together.
Currently the security configuration for each subsystem is spread across
different schema files and it's very hard for me to get the full picture.

It seems that there is no documentation for the security subsystem either.

- How do I declare security realms? I can only fin examples for the management layer.
- What login modules exist for the security subsystem? How are they configured?

Ike

Re: Security Realm Configuration

Darran Lofthouse

On 07/19/2011 09:38 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:
> It seems that there is no documentation for the security subsystem either.

I am currently assembling that, I just haven't linked it into the parent
admin guide yet as there is still quite a bit to add.

> - How do I declare security realms? I can only fin examples for the management layer.
> - What login modules exist for the security subsystem? How are they configured?

See 'authentication' for the "What login modules exist" questions: -
   https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Security+Subsystem

"How are they configured?" is my next step.