Single Sign On and Connection pool problems to port application from AS6 to AS7

Single Sign On and Connection pool problems to port application from AS6 to AS7

Bill Hong (Gong)

Hi,

Our company intends to port our web based product from Weblogic to JBoss. For several months, I’ve been working on porting our system to JBoss. We’ve been successfully migrated our application to AS6. However, we failed to port our system to AS7 because of a couple of critical problems. Here are problems we got:

1) We can’t find the details about how to configure Single Sign On in AS7. In AS6, it’s simply turn on a option in server.xml. Does anyone know if AS7 still supports this option? If yes, how to configure it in standalone.xml/domain.xml?

2) The features to start/stop/reset connection pool is removed from admin console. So how to manage the connection pool now? We need to start/stop/reset connection pool in product environment.

I hope this is appropriate place to ask questions. I would appreciate if anyone can give me some suggestions or clues to address those problems.

Thank you!

Regards,

Bill

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail message from Delphi Technology, Inc. is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail by accident, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail and all copies of it.

Re: Single Sign On and Connection pool problems to port application from AS6 to AS7

Anil Saldhana
Bill,
  hopefully in the next few days, we will put information on PicketLink SSO on AS7.

Regards,
Anil

On 08/05/2011 04:55 AM, Bill Hong (Gong) wrote:

[...]

  if you are just interested in configuring the tomcat sso valve, then add it as a valve in jboss-web.xml of your web archive as described in the end of
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7SecurityDomainModel

cheers.

On 08/05/2011 10:29 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
[...]

Rémy Maucherat
On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 09:42 -0500, Anil Saldhana wrote:
> Bill,
>   if you are just interested in configuring the tomcat sso valve, then
> add it as a valve in jboss-web.xml of your web archive as described in
> the end of
> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7SecurityDomainModel

I sent that some time ago to Emanuel to look at it, but apparently he's
away (but we'll do what is described when he comes back):

I propose adding the following sso element as a child of virtual-server:
<sso reauthenticate="true/[false]" domain=".foo.com[null]"
cache-container="inifispan_cache_container[null]" />

It would add the usual SSO valve (or a clustered version of it taken
from AS 6) to the Host.

--
Remy Maucherat <[hidden email]>
Red Hat Inc

Re: Single Sign On and Connection pool problems to port application from AS6 to AS7

Marcus Moyses
+1
We definitely need some way to set the sso valve (and possibly other
valves) at the host level instead of per web app only.

--
Marcus Moyses
JBoss Core Developer

On 08/10/2011 01:59 AM, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 09:42 -0500, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>> Bill,
>>    if you are just interested in configuring the tomcat sso valve, then
>> add it as a valve in jboss-web.xml of your web archive as described in
>> the end of
>> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7SecurityDomainModel
> I sent that some time ago to Emanuel to look at it, but apparently he's
> away (but we'll do what is described when he comes back):
>
> I propose adding the following sso element as a child of virtual-server:
> <sso reauthenticate="true/[false]" domain=".foo.com[null]"
> cache-container="inifispan_cache_container[null]" />
>
> It would add the usual SSO valve (or a clustered version of it taken
> from AS 6) to the Host.
Remy,  that looks like a good proposal.

On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 18:11 -0500, Anil Saldhana wrote:

> On 08/10/2011 01:59 AM, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 09:42 -0500, Anil Saldhana wrote:
> >> Bill,
> >>    if you are just interested in configuring the tomcat sso valve, then
> >> add it as a valve in jboss-web.xml of your web archive as described in
> >> the end of
> >> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7SecurityDomainModel
> > I sent that some time ago to Emanuel to look at it, but apparently he's
> > away (but we'll do what is described when he comes back):
> >
> > I propose adding the following sso element as a child of virtual-server:
> > <sso reauthenticate="true/[false]" domain=".foo.com[null]"
> > cache-container="inifispan_cache_container[null]" />
> >
> > It would add the usual SSO valve (or a clustered version of it taken
> > from AS 6) to the Host.
> Remy,  that looks like a good proposal.

Ok, I'll do it then. Minus the clustered version of the valve which
should be added later from AS 6.

--
Remy Maucherat <[hidden email]>
Red Hat Inc

Re: Single Sign On and Connection pool problems to port application from AS6 to AS7

Anil Saldhana
Thanks to Remy, Marcus and Emmanuel, the single sign on valve is validated.
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1484

Additionally, if people are interested in SAML based SSO, please take a
look at:
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/SAMLWebBrowserSSOOnJBossAS70