Small Defect in cli xa-data-source command

Small Defect in cli xa-data-source command

Marrrrck
Hello everyone,

I think I found a minor defect in the jboss-cli /xa-data-source operation in Widlfly 8. Can anyone confirm this or correct me if I'm wrong?

Currently the jboss-cli doesn't let you set the jta true/false property on an XA data source. You can set this property on a regular data source, but not an XA one. Is this intentional or a defect?

If it is a defect, I think the problem might be in this file:

You can see on line 419 that DATASOURCE_ATTRIBUTE includes the JTA attribute definition:

static final SimpleAttributeDefinition[] DATASOURCE_ATTRIBUTE = new SimpleAttributeDefinition[]{CONNECTION_URL,
            DRIVER_CLASS, Constants.DATASOURCE_CLASS, JNDI_NAME,
            DATASOURCE_DRIVER,
            NEW_CONNECTION_SQL, URL_DELIMITER,
            URL_SELECTOR_STRATEGY_CLASS_NAME, USE_JAVA_CONTEXT,
            JTA, org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.common.pool.Constants.MAX_POOL_SIZE,

But on line 492, the XA_DATASOURCE_ATTRIBUTE doesn't have JTA

    static final SimpleAttributeDefinition[] XA_DATASOURCE_ATTRIBUTE = new SimpleAttributeDefinition[]{
            Constants.XA_DATASOURCE_CLASS, JNDI_NAME, DATASOURCE_DRIVER,
            NEW_CONNECTION_SQL, URL_DELIMITER,
            URL_SELECTOR_STRATEGY_CLASS_NAME, USE_JAVA_CONTEXT,
            org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.common.pool.Constants.MAX_POOL_SIZE,

Would just adding "JTA," after USE_JAVA_CONTEXT on line 492 fix this, or is there more that needs to be done? I'm happy to submit a pull request to fix, but it is such a minor change that it might be easier for someone already working in the code to do it.

Thanks for your help and my apologies if this is already been reported or previously discussed.

Marc Zbyszynski
Verifi LLC

Re: Small Defect in cli xa-data-source command

Jesper Pedersen
On 01/27/2014 10:01 AM, Marrrrck wrote:
> Currently the jboss-cli doesn't let you set the jta true/false property on
> an XA data source. You can set this property on a regular data source, but
> not an XA one. Is this intentional or a defect?

XA datasources are always enlisted in a transaction - so there is no jta
attribute.

Re: Small Defect in cli xa-data-source command

Marrrrck
Ah ha! Ok that makes sense.

Thanks for clearing that up Jesper!