Speed Up Deployment

Heiko Braun

Are there any recommendations for making the deployment faster on WF? One thing I was wondering about is whether certain subsystem support precomputed jandex indexes?

Regards, Heiko

Re: Speed Up Deployment

Stuart Douglas
If you have a META-INF/jandex.idx file in a jar it will be used instead of indexing the jar. Unless you have a huge deployment I think you are unlikely to measure any differences though.

Stuart

On Mon, 2 May 2016 at 20:03 Heiko Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:

Are there any recommendations for making the deployment faster on WF? One thing I was wondering about is whether certain subsystem support precomputed jandex indexes?

Regards, Heiko

Re: Speed Up Deployment

Sanne Grinovero
Would you expect it to be beneficial to include an empty jandex.idx
file in popular libraries which we expect to be visible to user
deployments?

(i.e. hibernate-core.jar and similar cases).

I guess I could measure it, but I'm assuming that I'll need to apply
this to many jars to see any measurable benefit.

Thanks,
Sanne

On 2 May 2016 at 11:52, Heiko Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, I’ll try that and let you know if I find notable differences.
>
> Regards, Heiko
>
> On 02 May 2016, at 12:33, Stuart Douglas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> If you have a META-INF/jandex.idx file in a jar it will be used instead of
> indexing the jar. Unless you have a huge deployment I think you are unlikely
> to measure any differences though.
>
> Stuart
>
> On Mon, 2 May 2016 at 20:03 Heiko Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Are there any recommendations for making the deployment faster on WF? One
>> thing I was wondering about is whether certain subsystem support precomputed
>> jandex indexes?
>>
>> Regards, Heiko

Re: Speed Up Deployment

The only things that are indexed are classes within a deployment and classes that belong to specially tagged modules (very few fall into this category).

> On May 11, 2016, at 8:32 AM, Sanne Grinovero <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Would you expect it to be beneficial to include an empty jandex.idx
> file in popular libraries which we expect to be visible to user
> deployments?
>
> (i.e. hibernate-core.jar and similar cases).
>
> I guess I could measure it, but I'm assuming that I'll need to apply
> this to many jars to see any measurable benefit.
>
> Thanks,
> Sanne
>

>> On 2 May 2016 at 11:52, Heiko Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks, I’ll try that and let you know if I find notable differences.
>>
>> Regards, Heiko
>>
>> On 02 May 2016, at 12:33, Stuart Douglas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> If you have a META-INF/jandex.idx file in a jar it will be used instead of
>> indexing the jar. Unless you have a huge deployment I think you are unlikely
>> to measure any differences though.
>>
>> Stuart
>>
>>> On Mon, 2 May 2016 at 20:03 Heiko Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> Are there any recommendations for making the deployment faster on WF? One
>>> thing I was wondering about is whether certain subsystem support precomputed
>>> jandex indexes?
>>>
>>> Regards, Heiko

Re: Speed Up Deployment

Sanne Grinovero
On 11 May 2016 at 14:45, Jason T. Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The only things that are indexed are classes within a deployment and classes that belong to specially tagged modules (very few fall into this category).

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll not waste time on trying it then :)

Thanks,
Sanne