Static capability reference on attribute being defined / set to true

Static capability reference on attribute being defined / set to true

Emmanuel Hugonnet
Hello,
Working on messaging clustering integration i wanted to require a static capability from clustering if an attribute was defined. There is
nothing to express that in the current metamodel so I introduced a specific CapabilityReferenceRecorder.
I was wondering if this use-case appears in other places: like for example the jts attribute in transactions that would require the iiop
capability if defined or set to true. Then i would port this code in core so it could be used and we could express those relationships in
the metamodel and thus in Galleon for provisioning.

Cheers,
Emmanuel

Re: Static capability reference on attribute being defined / set to true

Brian Stansberry
Possibly relevant stuff:

Also, ages ago when I was first prototyping capabilities, I played a bit with the transaction subsystem and IIOP because those two have an interesting relationship. I have an old branch from that where I identified a couple attributes that might fit this general area:

That branch is way out of date, so don't try to do anything with it other than read it as a pointer to something to investigate.

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 3:39 AM, Emmanuel Hugonnet <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
Working on messaging clustering integration i wanted to require a static capability from clustering if an attribute was defined. There is
nothing to express that in the current metamodel so I introduced a specific CapabilityReferenceRecorder.
I was wondering if this use-case appears in other places: like for example the jts attribute in transactions that would require the iiop
capability if defined or set to true. Then i would port this code in core so it could be used and we could express those relationships in
the metamodel and thus in Galleon for provisioning.

Cheers,
Emmanuel

Red Hat

Re: Static capability reference on attribute being defined / set to true

Emmanuel Hugonnet
Hello,

I'm afraid the clustering requirements in the SecurityDomainAdd don't qualify as those capabilities are dynamic even if in fact we use them
with a fixed value so we can't find a registration to it.

Some of the DefaultableUnaryServiceNameFactoryProvider might qualify since those default capabilities could be required if no value is defined.

So apart from JTS and our Messaging use case i don't really see any other place that would qualify :(

Emmanuel