Stress and benchmark testsuite modules

Ondrej Zizka
Hi,

stress and benchmark modules are still empty.
How about disabling them by removing them from <modules> ?

Also, what are the intents? Is that up to QA to fill these with tests, or do we plan to craft up some rough tests?

Regards,
Ondra

Re: Stress and benchmark testsuite modules

Brian Stansberry
On 3/12/12 11:19 AM, Ondřej Žižka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> stress and benchmark modules are still empty.
> How about disabling them by removing them from <modules> ?

Good idea.

> Also, what are the intents? Is that up to QA to fill these with tests,
> or do we plan to craft up some rough tests?

I believe I added those modules as part of one of the very first
testsuite commits, basically to establish a notion that there are
different kinds of tests and people should keep them separate. At the
time it wasn't clear at all how stress and benchmark testing would be done.

QE has their own stress and benchmark tests and I don't expect they'll
ever get merged into these modules. In theory some day we may add our
own (right after I win the lottery) but right now there's no point
building empty modules all the time.