Switch to standard Java debug options -Xrunjdwp --> -agentlib?

Switch to standard Java debug options -Xrunjdwp --> -agentlib?

Cheng Fang
AS7 currently has the Java debug options
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n

This uses non-standard options, which may be removed in future JDK, and
may not work with other vendors' JDK.

How about switching to use the standard options, to make it easier to
maintain and port?
-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=localhost:8787,server=y,suspend=n

Cheng

Re: Switch to standard Java debug options -Xrunjdwp --> -agentlib?

Jason T. Greene
+1

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2012, at 9:32 PM, Cheng Fang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> AS7 currently has the Java debug options
> -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n
>
> This uses non-standard options, which may be removed in future JDK, and
> may not work with other vendors' JDK.
>
> How about switching to use the standard options, to make it easier to
> maintain and port?
> -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=localhost:8787,server=y,suspend=n
>
> Cheng

Re: Switch to standard Java debug options -Xrunjdwp --> -agentlib?

Cheng Fang
I created a jira feature request to track it:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-5574

Cheng