Testsuite classes are not compiled by default?

Testsuite classes are not compiled by default?

Jaikiran Pai
Just noticed that the classes in the testsuite module (for example:
testsuite/integration/basic) are not compiled by default unless you use
the -DallTests switch. I thought we had decided that all classes
including test classes will be compiled by default (but not all tests
will be run). Is this intentional to leave out compilation of these
classes? I had a API change (since last week) and only today after
finishing off majority of the work I decided to run a full testsuite and
realized that there are some API compatibility compilation issues in the
testsuite.

Re: Testsuite classes are not compiled by default?

Ondrej Zizka
Well that's because how it works:

-DallTests activates the submodules. Without that, they are not run, as you can see in the final Maven's report.

Technically, it could be done so that it would skip the tests, but it would complicate things a bit.
It that necessary or can you live with -DallTests?

You might also consider using -DallTests -DskipTests.

Ondra

Jaikiran Pai píše v Ne 08. 01. 2012 v 20:52 +0530:
Just noticed that the classes in the testsuite module (for example:
testsuite/integration/basic) are not compiled by default unless you use
the -DallTests switch. I thought we had decided that all classes
including test classes will be compiled by default (but not all tests
will be run). Is this intentional to leave out compilation of these
classes? I had a API change (since last week) and only today after
finishing off majority of the work I decided to run a full testsuite and
realized that there are some API compatibility compilation issues in the
testsuite.

Re: Testsuite classes are not compiled by default?

-DallTests tests-compile is what i do. This has a benefit in that you
arent waiting for classes to compile that you arent going to use. IMO
it's probably better to just create a user specific build-all alias than
to look into hacking maven to make it work.

On 1/9/12 1:21 PM, Ondřej Žižka wrote:

> Well that's because how it works:
>
> -DallTests activates the submodules. Without that, they are not run, as
> you can see in the final Maven's report.
>
> Technically, it could be done so that it would skip the tests, but it
> would complicate things a bit.
> It that necessary or can you live with -DallTests?
>
> You might also consider using -DallTests -DskipTests.
>
> Ondra
>

> Jaikiran Pai píše v Ne 08. 01. 2012 v 20:52 +0530:
>> Just noticed that the classes in the testsuite module (for example:
>> testsuite/integration/basic) are not compiled by default unless you use
>> the -DallTests switch. I thought we had decided that all classes
>> including test classes will be compiled by default (but not all tests
>> will be run). Is this intentional to leave out compilation of these
>> classes? I had a API change (since last week) and only today after
>> finishing off majority of the work I decided to run a full testsuite and
>> realized that there are some API compatibility compilation issues in the
>> testsuite.
>>

>> -Jaikiran

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: Testsuite classes are not compiled by default?

Sorry about the late reply.

Jason's suggestion of using tests-compile is fine for me. It's simple
enough.

-Jaikiran