Testsuite modules - Print out the available options/params that are required for running the tests?

Testsuite modules - Print out the available options/params that are required for running the tests?

Jaikiran Pai
I haven't been closely following the testsuite refactor in these few
weeks, so I currently don't have an exact idea on what the new params
are to run the integration tests. I tried running the following from the
TRUNK/testsuite/integration:

mvn clean install

and it did not run any tests. I had to dig into the pom.xml to check
what params need to be passed to run the integration tests. Turns out I
have to use:

mvn clean install -Dbasic.integration.tests=true

Would it be possible to somehow print out all the available options and
params that need to used, when you run mvn clean install from the
testsuite modules? Something like a help?

P.S: Shouldn't the "mvn clean install" from testsuite/integration
atleast run the basic integration tests? Or does this conflict with how
Maven handles the profiles?

Re: Testsuite modules - Print out the available options/params that are required for running the tests?

Brian Stansberry
I think there is a patch in the queue to fix it so the smoke tests run
automatically.

Yep: https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/534

On 11/1/11 9:25 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> I haven't been closely following the testsuite refactor in these few
> weeks, so I currently don't have an exact idea on what the new params
> are to run the integration tests. I tried running the following from the
> TRUNK/testsuite/integration:
>
> mvn clean install
>
> and it did not run any tests. I had to dig into the pom.xml to check
> what params need to be passed to run the integration tests. Turns out I
> have to use:
>

> mvn clean install -Dbasic.integration.tests=true
>

> Would it be possible to somehow print out all the available options and
> params that need to used, when you run mvn clean install from the
> testsuite modules? Something like a help?
>
> P.S: Shouldn't the "mvn clean install" from testsuite/integration
> atleast run the basic integration tests? Or does this conflict with how
> Maven handles the profiles?
>
> -Jaikiran

Re: Testsuite modules - Print out the available options/params that are required for running the tests?

Ondrej Zizka
Hi Jaikiran,

see the mail I've sent 7 hours ago to this list - there's a pull request wich makes what you suggest in your P.S.

I like the idea with help being printed in case of no arguments.
I'll add it later today.

Ondra

On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 19:55 +0530, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
[...]

Also, there's some documentation available at
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Testsuite  - 3 subpages.
I'll review it later today and list and explain the available options if they aren't there yet.

Ondra

On Tuesday 01 November 2011 08:15 PM, Ondrej Zizka wrote:
> Hi Jaikiran,
>
> see the mail I've sent 7 hours ago to this list - there's a pull
> request wich makes what you suggest in your P.S.
Thanks, the latest upstream has this commit and works fine.

> I like the idea with help being printed in case of no arguments.
> I'll add it later today.
Thank you.

-Jaikiran