Testsuite shared module

Ondrej Zizka
Hi all,

various tests in different modules of the testsuite need same code (as discussed earlier). Thus they basically need a shared module.

Where would you not want it to be placed?
The options are:

   A) root/testsuite-shared
   B) root/testsuite/shared but referenced in root/pom.xml and added as dependency in root/testsuite/pom.xml
   C) root/testsuite/shared, referenced in root/testsuite/pom.xml

Other ideas?

A) is fine but I expect repulsion.
B) is fine but I expect Eclipse users complaining about it's inability to handle that.
C) is less fine since we would have to add it as dependency to every module using it, causing unnecessary noise in pom.xml's.

If there's no response in next 24 hours, I'll go A).

Regards,
Ondra

Re: Testsuite shared module

David Lloyd-2
On 11/28/2011 10:42 PM, Ondřej Žižka wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> various tests in different modules of the testsuite need same code (as
> discussed earlier). Thus they basically need a shared module.
>
> Where would you not want it to be placed?
> The options are:
>
> A) root/testsuite-shared
> B) root/testsuite/shared but referenced in root/pom.xml and added as
> dependency in root/testsuite/pom.xml
> C) root/testsuite/shared, referenced in root/testsuite/pom.xml
>
> Other ideas?
>
> A) is fine but I expect repulsion.
> B) is fine but I expect Eclipse users complaining about it's inability
> to handle that.
> C) is less fine since we would have to add it as dependency to every
> module using it, causing unnecessary noise in pom.xml's.
>

> If there's no response in next 24 hours, I'll go A).

(B) is how we do everything else, so it should be (B).  Eclipse users
should maybe fix their IDE.  Or switch to IDEA ;)

Re: Testsuite shared module

Darran Lofthouse
On 11/29/2011 03:51 PM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
> (B) is how we do everything else, so it should be (B).  Eclipse users
> should maybe fix their IDE.  Or switch to IDEA ;)

I tried that and I am now back on Eclipse ;-)