Testsuite simplification - 2nd try to get it merged

Testsuite simplification - 2nd try to get it merged

Ondrej Zizka
Hi,

due to 7.1.0 release, the testsuite facelifting merge was postponed.
I'm almost in sync with upstream/master again.
I'd like to get this merged right after the release.

I'd be grateful if someone found few minutes to peek at the changes (just by sight at the diffs)
https://github.com/OndraZizka/jboss-as/tree/TS-refactor
so I can explain what's going on and prevent misunderstanding.

In a nutshell:
* The changes are not significant - no structure changes.
* What has changed is only the way to build the AS instances, plus few cosmetic changes.
* The "API" of the testsuite will remain the same.
* The way to write new tests will remain the same.
* The way to add new modules and change AS instances and their config will be simpler.

Thanks,
Ondra

Re: Testsuite simplification - 2nd try to get it merged

Brian Stansberry
I looked at this last night. I can't say I understand every tiny detail,
but it seems like what you're doing is all appropriate stuff.

That was my impression of the earlier version too. It's just been on
hold because of the release. IMO once we start pushing non-critical
patches again this one should be a priority.