Upcoming WF10 Dates (Reminder)

Hello Everyone,

First off, I just wanted to say thank you everyone for hitting the major deliverables for the WF10 Beta release that went out over the weekend!

The remaining schedule for WF10 is as follows:

WildFly 10 CR1              - September 9th
WildFly 10 CR2 (if needed)  - September 16th
WildFly 10 Final            - October 8th (contigent on certification)

So that means we have 26 days (17 workdays left) to:

- Stabilize features brought in during Alpha/Beta cycle
- Finish/polish compatibility (transformers, management ops, etc)
- Upgrade all components to Final (preferable) or CR (exceptional)
- Fix broken and/or intermittent tests relating to the above
- Address any other loose ends

We should avoid (if possible) introducing new major features to allow for enough time to do the above. Let me know ASAP if thats a problem.

Thanks!

Re: Upcoming WF10 Dates (Reminder)

Heiko Braun
If I understand you correctly you want Final components for CR1?

/Heiko

> On 13 Aug 2015, at 19:42, Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> First off, I just wanted to say thank you everyone for hitting the major deliverables for the WF10 Beta release that went out over the weekend!
>
> The remaining schedule for WF10 is as follows:
>
> WildFly 10 CR1              - September 9th
> WildFly 10 CR2 (if needed)  - September 16th
> WildFly 10 Final            - October 8th (contigent on certification)
>
> So that means we have 26 days (17 workdays left) to:
>
> - Stabilize features brought in during Alpha/Beta cycle
> - Finish/polish compatibility (transformers, management ops, etc)
> - Upgrade all components to Final (preferable) or CR (exceptional)
> - Fix broken and/or intermittent tests relating to the above
> - Address any other loose ends
>
> We should avoid (if possible) introducing new major features to allow for enough time to do the above. Let me know ASAP if thats a problem.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene

Re: Upcoming WF10 Dates (Reminder)

That’s correct, that’s my preference. The rationale is to limit the amount of component updates we have to bring in during the CR phase. Ideally if we are pulling in an update its to resolve an issue.

> On Aug 13, 2015, at 1:33 PM, Heiko Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> If I understand you correctly you want Final components for CR1?
>
> /Heiko
>
>> On 13 Aug 2015, at 19:42, Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> First off, I just wanted to say thank you everyone for hitting the major deliverables for the WF10 Beta release that went out over the weekend!
>>
>> The remaining schedule for WF10 is as follows:
>>
>> WildFly 10 CR1              - September 9th
>> WildFly 10 CR2 (if needed)  - September 16th
>> WildFly 10 Final            - October 8th (contigent on certification)
>>
>> So that means we have 26 days (17 workdays left) to:
>>
>> - Stabilize features brought in during Alpha/Beta cycle
>> - Finish/polish compatibility (transformers, management ops, etc)
>> - Upgrade all components to Final (preferable) or CR (exceptional)
>> - Fix broken and/or intermittent tests relating to the above
>> - Address any other loose ends
>>
>> We should avoid (if possible) introducing new major features to allow for enough time to do the above. Let me know ASAP if thats a problem.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Jason T. Greene
>> WildFly Lead / JBoss EAP Platform Architect
>> JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: Upcoming WF10 Dates (Reminder)

Emmanuel Bernard
Hey,

Just a quick heads up on Hibernate Search.

We are planning to get our 5.5 Final in time for Sept 9th and WildFly CR1. But there is a small chance that we split a bit and that we would only get a CR in time for WildFly CR1. We’re working on the easier solution of course :)

Emmanuel

> On 13 Aug 2015, at 19:42, Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> First off, I just wanted to say thank you everyone for hitting the major deliverables for the WF10 Beta release that went out over the weekend!
>
> The remaining schedule for WF10 is as follows:
>
> WildFly 10 CR1              - September 9th
> WildFly 10 CR2 (if needed)  - September 16th
> WildFly 10 Final            - October 8th (contigent on certification)
>
> So that means we have 26 days (17 workdays left) to:
>
> - Stabilize features brought in during Alpha/Beta cycle
> - Finish/polish compatibility (transformers, management ops, etc)
> - Upgrade all components to Final (preferable) or CR (exceptional)
> - Fix broken and/or intermittent tests relating to the above
> - Address any other loose ends
>
> We should avoid (if possible) introducing new major features to allow for enough time to do the above. Let me know ASAP if thats a problem.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jason T. Greene

Re: Upcoming WF10 Dates (Reminder)

arjan.tijms

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 7:42 PM, Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
> WildFly 10 CR1              - September 9th

I looked at the download page, but the CR1 version doesn't seem to be
there. Has it been released somewhere anyway, or is the release
delayed?

Kind regards,
Arjan

Re: Upcoming WF10 Dates (Reminder)

> On Sep 10, 2015, at 1:41 PM, arjan tijms <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 7:42 PM, Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> WildFly 10 CR1              - September 9th
>
> I looked at the download page, but the CR1 version doesn't seem to be
> there. Has it been released somewhere anyway, or is the release
> delayed?

Yes we are delayed on some intermittent failures caused by a recent update. Yesterday I moved the date to Friday as a placeholder for now. I’ll provide a more detailed update soon.