Updated look&feel for CR1

Heiko Braun

I've update the landing pages to reflect the new console look&feel that ships with CR1.
In order to reach some level of consistency for the web based views.

Here's what the console and the landing pages look like now:

Senior Software Engineer

Re: Updated look&feel for CR1

kkhan
I'm afraid I don't like it, see the pull request: https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/932

On 16 Dec 2011, at 13:50, Heiko Braun wrote:

> I've update the landing pages to reflect the new console look&feel that ships with CR1.
> In order to reach some level of consistency for the web based views.
>
> Here's what the console and the landing pages look like now:
> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/UpdatedLookfeelForCR1
>
> --
>
> Heiko Braun
> Senior Software Engineer
> JBoss by Red Hat
> http://about.me/hbraun

Re: Updated look&feel for CR1

Heiko Braun

There is a bigger picture you don't see, which i can understand. We've got several assets that need to be inline. It covers the look & feel for both eap and the community version. Furthermore this follows an implicit order and the last bit in the chain are the community landing pages. So if you think this approach is wrong then please participate on the overall discussion for the eap look&feel. Because this is where community will be derived from and not the other way around.

Furthermore i would really appreciate if we can skip personal opinions a this stage. Its far more important to provide consistency across all assets and this is one step towards it.

Dont get me wrong. Everybody is invited to participate in the discussion about the look&feel or general usability. But it has to follow a certain process. You are commenting on the result of a long process that did involve several people. Holding back a pull at this stage requires good reason and argument. Unless you cannot provide it, please accept the changes and join the discussion in the next iteration.

/Ike

Von meinem iPad gesendet

On 12/16/11 11:31 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> There is a bigger picture you don't see, which i can understand. We've
> got several assets that need to be inline. It covers the look & feel for
> both eap and the community version. Furthermore this follows an implicit
> order and the last bit in the chain are the community landing pages. So
> if you think this approach is wrong then please participate on the
> overall discussion for the eap look&feel. Because this is where
> community will be derived from and not the other way around.
>
> Furthermore i would really appreciate if we can skip personal opinions a
> this stage. Its far more important to provide consistency across all
> assets and this is one step towards it.
>
> Dont get me wrong. Everybody is invited to participate in the discussion
> about the look&feel or general usability. But it has to follow a certain
> process. You are commenting on the result of a long process that did
> involve several people. Holding back a pull at this stage requires good
> reason and argument. Unless you cannot provide it, please accept the
> changes and join the discussion in the next iteration.

I like the improved console L&F but the landing page we had before was
consistent with our community pages and logo. I don't see why we would
want to change this.

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: Updated look&feel for CR1

kkhan

On 16 Dec 2011, at 17:31, Heiko Braun wrote:

> There is a bigger picture you don't see, which i can understand. We've got several assets that need to be inline. It covers the look & feel for both eap and the community version. Furthermore this follows an implicit order and the last bit in the chain are the community landing pages. So if you think this approach is wrong then please participate on the overall discussion for the eap look&feel. Because this is where community will be derived from and not the other way around.
>
> Furthermore i would really appreciate if we can skip personal opinions a this stage. Its far more important to provide consistency across all assets and this is one step towards it.
>
> Dont get me wrong. Everybody is invited to participate in the discussion about the look&feel or general usability. But it has to follow a certain process. You are commenting on the result of a long process that did involve several people. Holding back a pull at this stage requires good reason and argument. Unless you cannot provide it, please accept the changes and join the discussion in the next iteration.

Can you please point out where these discussions took place?

> /Ike
>

> Von meinem iPad gesendet
>
> Am 16.12.2011 um 17:11 schrieb Kabir Khan <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I'm afraid I don't like it, see the pull request: https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/932
>>
>> On 16 Dec 2011, at 13:50, Heiko Braun wrote:
>>

>>> I've update the landing pages to reflect the new console look&feel that ships with CR1.
>>> In order to reach some level of consistency for the web based views.
>>>
>>> Here's what the console and the landing pages look like now:
>>> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/UpdatedLookfeelForCR1
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Heiko Braun
>>> Senior Software Engineer
>>> JBoss by Red Hat
>>> http://about.me/hbraun

Re: Updated look&feel for CR1

Max Rydahl Andersen
> I like the improved console L&F but the landing page we had before was
> consistent with our community pages and logo. I don't see why we would
> want to change this.

+1 and all the examples/quickstarts/etc. uses these too.

/max

http://about.me/maxandersen