WildFly 19.0.0.Beta2 is released; 19.0.x code branch created

WildFly 19.0.0.Beta2 is released; 19.0.x code branch created

Brian Stansberry
Hi everyone,

Today we released a second beta for WildFly 19. You can get it from the WildFly download page[1]. Compared to Beta1 this is primarily a bug fix release; it's very close to what we would have released as WildFly 19 Final if we weren't shooting to get in the MicroProfile 3.3 updates this month.  The details of the changes are in the release notes at [2].

As I noted a couple weeks ago[3], we've created a 19.0.x branch which we'll use for the remaining work on WF 19. This means master is now open for changes meant for WF 20. For anyone who wants to make a change for 19, you'll need to send PRs against both the master and 19.0.x branches.

I expect we'll do another beta in two weeks when we hope to have the MP 3.3 work done, and then WF 19 Final would be released in early March.

Best regards,
Brian