Wildfly binary snapshot

Jim Ma
Hi,
When our community user wants to try the latest wildfly9 snapshot, does
he or she have to git clone our code and build locally ? Can we set up a
job to deploy snapshot binary/artifacts every day or every other day ?

Cheers,
Jim

Re: Wildfly binary snapshot

Brian Stansberry
https://developer.jboss.org/thread/224262

On 12/17/14, 6:58 PM, Jim Ma wrote:

> Hi,
> When our community user wants to try the latest wildfly9 snapshot, does
> he or she have to git clone our code and build locally ? Can we set up a
> job to deploy snapshot binary/artifacts every day or every other day ?
>
> Cheers,
> Jim

Senior Principal Software Engineer

Re: Wildfly binary snapshot

Claudio Miranda
https://ci.jboss.org/hudson/job/WildFly-latest-master/

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Jim Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> When our community user wants to try the latest wildfly9 snapshot, does
> he or she have to git clone our code and build locally ? Can we set up a
> job to deploy snapshot binary/artifacts every day or every other day ?
>
> Cheers,
> Jim

  Claudio Miranda

[hidden email]
http://www.claudius.com.br

Re: Wildfly binary snapshot

Jim Ma
Thanks, Claudio and Brian.  Do we have maven snapshot artifacts deployed ?

On 12/18/2014 09:51 AM, Claudio Miranda wrote:

> https://ci.jboss.org/hudson/job/WildFly-latest-master/
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Jim Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> When our community user wants to try the latest wildfly9 snapshot, does
>> he or she have to git clone our code and build locally ? Can we set up a
>> job to deploy snapshot binary/artifacts every day or every other day ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jim

Re: Wildfly binary snapshot

Claudio Miranda

https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/

--
  Claudio Miranda

[hidden email]
http://www.claudius.com.br

Re: Wildfly binary snapshot

Alessio Soldano
On 18/12/14 03:30, Claudio Miranda wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:23 AM, Jim Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Do we have maven snapshot artifacts deployed ?
> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/

I think what Jim is looking for is the latest snapshot version for the
stuff here:

https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/wildfly/wildfly-dist/

There are released versions only there.

Cheers
Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: Wildfly binary snapshot

No we do not publish nightly snapshots to maven repo.
As this would be a big burden on storage & nexus performance.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 3:23 AM, Jim Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Claudio and Brian.  Do we have maven snapshot artifacts deployed ?

On 12/18/2014 09:51 AM, Claudio Miranda wrote:
> https://ci.jboss.org/hudson/job/WildFly-latest-master/
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Jim Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> When our community user wants to try the latest wildfly9 snapshot, does
>> he or she have to git clone our code and build locally ? Can we set up a
>> job to deploy snapshot binary/artifacts every day or every other day ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jim

Re: Wildfly binary snapshot

Jim Ma
So we need a separated storage and nexus server to place snapshot artifacts ? Is there a plan to setup one?
This is required if other project wants to catch up with wildfly latest change and depends on snapshot artifact.
On 12/18/2014 06:53 PM, Tomaž Cerar wrote:
No we do not publish nightly snapshots to maven repo.
As this would be a big burden on storage & nexus performance.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 3:23 AM, Jim Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Claudio and Brian.  Do we have maven snapshot artifacts deployed ?

On 12/18/2014 09:51 AM, Claudio Miranda wrote:
> https://ci.jboss.org/hudson/job/WildFly-latest-master/
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Jim Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> When our community user wants to try the latest wildfly9 snapshot, does
>> he or she have to git clone our code and build locally ? Can we set up a
>> job to deploy snapshot binary/artifacts every day or every other day ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jim

Re: Wildfly binary snapshot

Tomaž Cerar-2
I see no real need for that as this wouldn't provide any good usage pattern for anyone.

If your code builds upon wildfly snapshot that is fine, but you should build wildfly locally for that.
As having (public) code depend on snapshot is not really a good practice as it can result in non reproducible build.

You do have 9.0.0.Alpha1 published, and soon there will be Beta1 out which are preview versions that you should build upon.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Jim Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
So we need a separated storage and nexus server to place snapshot artifacts ? Is there a plan to setup one?
This is required if other project wants to catch up with wildfly latest change and depends on snapshot artifact.
On 12/18/2014 06:53 PM, Tomaž Cerar wrote:
No we do not publish nightly snapshots to maven repo.
As this would be a big burden on storage & nexus performance.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 3:23 AM, Jim Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Claudio and Brian.  Do we have maven snapshot artifacts deployed ?

On 12/18/2014 09:51 AM, Claudio Miranda wrote:
> https://ci.jboss.org/hudson/job/WildFly-latest-master/
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Jim Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> When our community user wants to try the latest wildfly9 snapshot, does
>> he or she have to git clone our code and build locally ? Can we set up a
>> job to deploy snapshot binary/artifacts every day or every other day ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jim

Re: Wildfly binary snapshot

Jim Ma
We are testing wildfly snapshot with our latest jbossws-cxf. It requires us to pull
wildfly and build locally each time before we run the jbossws test suite. If there
is wildfly snapshot binary zip can be deployed to maven repo, we can unpack the binary
in our maven build.