Wildfly dir structure - to which extent is it guaranteed to stay as is now?

Wildfly dir structure - to which extent is it guaranteed to stay as is now?

Ondrej Zizka
Hi,

WRT WFLY-2426 again:

Will modules dir structure stay as is for a long term? Talking about
major versions of EAP?

Recently I asked what's guaranteed to stay, and the reply was, "the
management API and the scripts in bin/"
Which implicitely tells me that modules/ is not a thing to rely on.

Could someone please verify that?

Thanks,
Ondra

PS: We could simply put file-per-layer right into the root dir but
releng and others will frown...

Re: Wildfly dir structure - to which extent is it guaranteed to stay as is now?

David Lloyd-2
On 12/10/2013 12:17 AM, Ondrej Zizka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> WRT WFLY-2426 again:
>
> Will modules dir structure stay as is for a long term? Talking about
> major versions of EAP?
>
> Recently I asked what's guaranteed to stay, and the reply was, "the
> management API and the scripts in bin/"
> Which implicitely tells me that modules/ is not a thing to rely on.
>
> Could someone please verify that?
>
> Thanks,
> Ondra
>
> PS: We could simply put file-per-layer right into the root dir but
> releng and others will frown...

The modules directory structure may change (or go away) in any major
release of WildFly.