datasource:installed-drivers-list()

Heiko Braun
What’s the expected output of the installed-drivers-list() operation in the domain?  What drivers should it be listing?

a) any driver:  no matter wether it’s a module or deployment
b) any driver installed as a module
c) any driver resource declared under subsystem=datasources/jdbc-driver=*
d) a combination of any of the above

/Heiko

Re: datasource:installed-drivers-list()

Stefano Maestri
Expected behavior is

c) any driver resource declared under subsystem=datasources/jdbc-driver=*

regards
S.

On 05/15/2015 12:08 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> What’s the expected output of the installed-drivers-list() operation in the domain?  What drivers should it be listing?
>
> a) any driver:  no matter wether it’s a module or deployment
> b) any driver installed as a module
> c) any driver resource declared under subsystem=datasources/jdbc-driver=*
> d) a combination of any of the above
>

> /Heiko

Re: datasource:installed-drivers-list()

Heiko Braun
Ok, thanks.
This leads me to two further questions:

a) why does it need a separate operation? The same can be achieved with read-children-resources.

b) what happened to the mechanism to detect drivers that are installed as deployments? iirc this particular operation used to show them in the past.

> Am 15.05.2015 um 14:23 schrieb Stefano Maestri <[hidden email]>:
>
> Expected behavior is
>

> c) any driver resource declared under subsystem=datasources/jdbc-driver=*
>

> regards
> S.
>

>> On 05/15/2015 12:08 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:
>> What’s the expected output of the installed-drivers-list() operation in the domain?  What drivers should it be listing?
>>
>> a) any driver:  no matter wether it’s a module or deployment
>> b) any driver installed as a module
>> c) any driver resource declared under subsystem=datasources/jdbc-driver=*
>> d) a combination of any of the above
>>

>> /Heiko

Re: datasource:installed-drivers-list()

Stefano Maestri
Yup you are right, but in standalone is different and this operation
give you also ones installed by deployments.
In domain this is not possible since deployments are local to single hosts.

regards
S.

On 05/15/2015 02:56 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> Ok, thanks.
> This leads me to two further questions:
>
> a) why does it need a separate operation? The same can be achieved with read-children-resources.
>
> b) what happened to the mechanism to detect drivers that are installed as deployments? iirc this particular operation used to show them in the past.
>

>> Am 15.05.2015 um 14:23 schrieb Stefano Maestri <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Expected behavior is
>>

>> c) any driver resource declared under subsystem=datasources/jdbc-driver=*
>>

>> regards
>> S.
>>

>>> On 05/15/2015 12:08 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:
>>> What’s the expected output of the installed-drivers-list() operation in the domain?  What drivers should it be listing?
>>>
>>> a) any driver:  no matter wether it’s a module or deployment
>>> b) any driver installed as a module
>>> c) any driver resource declared under subsystem=datasources/jdbc-driver=*
>>> d) a combination of any of the above
>>>

>>> /Heiko

Re: datasource:installed-drivers-list()

Stefano Maestri
I've double checked when this is changed for domain.
It's in

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-3634
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAL-483

since deployed driver doesn't refer to any profile at all.

If you need something different or I misunderstood your request, lets
discuss here or just open another issue.

regards
S.

On 05/15/2015 02:59 PM, Stefano Maestri wrote:

> Yup you are right, but in standalone is different and this operation
> give you also ones installed by deployments.
> In domain this is not possible since deployments are local to single hosts.
>
> regards
> S.
>
> On 05/15/2015 02:56 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:
>> Ok, thanks.
>> This leads me to two further questions:
>>
>> a) why does it need a separate operation? The same can be achieved with read-children-resources.
>>
>> b) what happened to the mechanism to detect drivers that are installed as deployments? iirc this particular operation used to show them in the past.
>>

>>> Am 15.05.2015 um 14:23 schrieb Stefano Maestri <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Expected behavior is
>>>

>>> c) any driver resource declared under subsystem=datasources/jdbc-driver=*
>>>

>>> regards
>>> S.

Re: datasource:installed-drivers-list()

Heiko Braun

I did refer to the server specific operation at /host=foo/server=bar/subsystem=ds:installed-drivers-list

If I remember correctly is used to display drivers that come as regular deployments as well. Has this changed?

> On 15 May 2015, at 15:25, Stefano Maestri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've double checked when this is changed for domain.
> It's in
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-3634
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAL-483
>
> since deployed driver doesn't refer to any profile at all.
>
> If you need something different or I misunderstood your request, lets
> discuss here or just open another issue.
>
> regards
> S.
>
> On 05/15/2015 02:59 PM, Stefano Maestri wrote:
>> Yup you are right, but in standalone is different and this operation
>> give you also ones installed by deployments.
>> In domain this is not possible since deployments are local to single hosts.
>>
>> regards
>> S.
>>
>> On 05/15/2015 02:56 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:
>>> Ok, thanks.
>>> This leads me to two further questions:
>>>
>>> a) why does it need a separate operation? The same can be achieved with read-children-resources.
>>>
>>> b) what happened to the mechanism to detect drivers that are installed as deployments? iirc this particular operation used to show them in the past.

Re: datasource:installed-drivers-list()

Thanks for digging it up. We’ve got people complaining about this and I am trying to trace the decisions behind this. But now I remember WFLY-3634.

So moving forward JDBC drivers as modules are the way to go in the domain?

> On 15 May 2015, at 15:25, Stefano Maestri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've double checked when this is changed for domain.
> It's in
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-3634
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAL-483
>
> since deployed driver doesn't refer to any profile at all.
>
> If you need something different or I misunderstood your request, lets
> discuss here or just open another issue.
>
> regards
> S.
>
> On 05/15/2015 02:59 PM, Stefano Maestri wrote:
>> Yup you are right, but in standalone is different and this operation
>> give you also ones installed by deployments.
>> In domain this is not possible since deployments are local to single hosts.
>>
>> regards
>> S.
>>
>> On 05/15/2015 02:56 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:
>>> Ok, thanks.
>>> This leads me to two further questions:
>>>
>>> a) why does it need a separate operation? The same can be achieved with read-children-resources.
>>>
>>> b) what happened to the mechanism to detect drivers that are installed as deployments? iirc this particular operation used to show them in the past.

Re: datasource:installed-drivers-list()

No need to answer. WFLY-3634 explains it.