--force and --server-groups

Arun Gupta
Deploying a WAR file to a server-group gives ...

[domain@10.0.0.27:9990 /] deploy http-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war
--server-groups=other-server-group
'http-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war' already exists in the deployment repository
(use --force to replace the existing content in the repository).

Specifying --force gives ...

[domain@10.0.0.27:9990 /] deploy http-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war --force
--server-groups=other-server-group
--force only replaces the content in the deployment repository and
can't be used in combination with any of --disabled, --server-groups
or --all-server-groups.

How do I force deploy the WAR to a server-group using jboss-cli ?

Arun

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: --force and --server-groups

Jason T. Greene
Just omit the --server-groups option. When you do a force you are replacing the source that every group references, so they all have to redeploy and specify a subset of groups doesn't make sense.

Sent from my iPhone