importing a module as a service (via jboss-deployment-structure.xml) and DU SERVICES list not getting updated...

importing a module as a service (via jboss-deployment-structure.xml) and DU SERVICES list not getting updated...

Scott Marlow
I tried importing a service module via "services" support in
jboss-deployment-structure.xml, but the imported service module didn't
get added to the DU SERVICES attachment.  Should the ModuleSpecProcessor
update the DU Attachments.SERVICES for imported services?

jboss-deployment-structure.xml link http://pastebin.com/B5za9gWz

Re: importing a module as a service (via jboss-deployment-structure.xml) and DU SERVICES list not getting updated...

Jaikiran Pai
I don't think the Attachments.SERVICES was meant for these service
imports in the module dependencies. Any specific reason why you want it
to be added to the Attachments and later picked up by the
ServiceActivatorProcessor?

-Jaikiran
On Monday 18 July 2011 07:08 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:

> I tried importing a service module via "services" support in
> jboss-deployment-structure.xml, but the imported service module didn't
> get added to the DU SERVICES attachment.  Should the ModuleSpecProcessor
> update the DU Attachments.SERVICES for imported services?
>
> jboss-deployment-structure.xml link http://pastebin.com/B5za9gWz

Re: importing a module as a service (via jboss-deployment-structure.xml) and DU SERVICES list not getting updated...

Scott Marlow
Yes, I want to include the Hibernate3 JPA integration classes in a
deployment that has its own Hibernate 3 jars.

I have some JPA changes on my branch intended to allow Hibernate 3
applications to use JPA.  The below source module looks for the JPA
integration service module
(org.jboss.as.jpa.spi.PersistenceProviderAdaptor) but doesn't see it
since its not in the SERVICES list.

https://github.com/scottmarlow/jboss-as/blob/master/jpa/core/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/jpa/processor/PersistenceProviderProcessor.java

On 07/18/2011 09:44 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> I don't think the Attachments.SERVICES was meant for these service
> imports in the module dependencies. Any specific reason why you want it
> to be added to the Attachments and later picked up by the
> ServiceActivatorProcessor?
>
> -Jaikiran
> On Monday 18 July 2011 07:08 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
>> I tried importing a service module via "services" support in
>> jboss-deployment-structure.xml, but the imported service module didn't
>> get added to the DU SERVICES attachment.  Should the ModuleSpecProcessor
>> update the DU Attachments.SERVICES for imported services?
>>
>> jboss-deployment-structure.xml link http://pastebin.com/B5za9gWz

Re: importing a module as a service (via jboss-deployment-structure.xml) and DU SERVICES list not getting updated...

This will only make the services accessible to the class loader, it will not add them to the DU SERVICES attachment.

Stuart