jboss-admin.sh subsystem configuration and batch script examples

jboss-admin.sh subsystem configuration and batch script examples

Misty Stanley-Jones
Does anyone have any batch script examples that I can look at? I don't find the WIki [1] to be very clear about the format of the batch scripts or the format of the add and write commands. It only shows read-only commands.

Also if anyone has any examples of configuring the subsystems (specifically modcluster, but not too picky) using the CLI, that would be fantastic! I just can't seem to get the hang of the syntax. I am sure it must be better and shinier than just editing the XML, but I can't seem to get past this road block.

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Management+Clients

--
Misty Stanley-Jones, RHCE
Content Author, ECS Brisbane

Re: jboss-admin.sh subsystem configuration and batch script examples

Anil Saldhana
Misty,
   I have broached the scripts here:
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7HowDoI    (CLI)
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7SecurityDomainModel  (Deploying
dynamic security domains)

New functionality:
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7SecuringPasswords
(bin/util/vault.sh)

Hope these help in your quest.

Regards,
Anil

On 09/29/2011 01:05 AM, Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:
> Does anyone have any batch script examples that I can look at? I don't find the WIki [1] to be very clear about the format of the batch scripts or the format of the add and write commands. It only shows read-only commands.
>
> Also if anyone has any examples of configuring the subsystems (specifically modcluster, but not too picky) using the CLI, that would be fantastic! I just can't seem to get the hang of the syntax. I am sure it must be better and shinier than just editing the XML, but I can't seem to get past this road block.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> [1] https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Management+Clients

Re: jboss-admin.sh subsystem configuration and batch script examples

Misty Stanley-Jones
Thanks, Anil! I'm glad someone has written these. I was thinking I might have to write them myself after I figured it out. I'll give them a look.

> On 09/29/2011 01:05 AM, Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:
> > Does anyone have any batch script examples that I can look at? I
> > don't find the WIki [1] to be very clear about the format of the
> > batch scripts or the format of the add and write commands. It only
> > shows read-only commands.
> >
> > Also if anyone has any examples of configuring the subsystems
> > (specifically modcluster, but not too picky) using the CLI, that
> > would be fantastic! I just can't seem to get the hang of the
> > syntax. I am sure it must be better and shinier than just editing
> > the XML, but I can't seem to get past this road block.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >

> > [1] https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Management+Clients

Misty Stanley-Jones, RHCE
Content Author, ECS Brisbane
☺: misty (Freenode IRC) ✉: [hidden email] ☏: + 61 7 3514 8105 ☏: 88105