[jboss-as7-dev] what is the JBoss AS version for learning Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[jboss-as7-dev] what is the JBoss AS version for learning Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1

Varuna Seneviratna

What is the JBoss Application Server version that comply with Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1 and How Do I find that out? I bought "Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1" by Andrew Rubinger and I want to use JBoss AS to run the examples in it so for that which version of JBoss AS is appropriate

 

Thanks Varuna


_______________________________________________
jboss-as7-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/jboss-as7-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jboss-as7-dev] what is the JBoss AS version for learning Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1

Cheng Fang
That will be JBoss AS 7.x, which implements Java EE 6 (EJB 3.1 is part of Java EE 6).  You may also want to try the newer version, WildFly 8.0, which implements Java EE 7 and thus EJB 3.2.

http://wildfly.org/

On 1/4/14, 9:28 AM, Varuna Seneviratna wrote:

What is the JBoss Application Server version that comply with Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1 and How Do I find that out? I bought "Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1" by Andrew Rubinger and I want to use JBoss AS to run the examples in it so for that which version of JBoss AS is appropriate

 

Thanks Varuna



_______________________________________________
jboss-as7-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/jboss-as7-dev


_______________________________________________
jboss-as7-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/jboss-as7-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jboss-as7-dev] what is the JBoss AS version for learning Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1

Bruno Georges
+1
In addition to that, the app server comes with a set of quickstarts that not only help you get going with common use cases, but they also allow you to explores the EE APIs such as EJB.
As Cheng pointed, WF 8 is using EJB3.2, you can get it here: http://wildfly.org/downloads/
Both the app server binaries and the quick starts source code are available there.

With respect to tooling, you can download our eclipse based JBoss Developer Studio which includes WTP for our app servers along with projects templates, etc...


Bruno

On 6/01/2014, at 12:32 pm, Cheng Fang <[hidden email]> wrote:

That will be JBoss AS 7.x, which implements Java EE 6 (EJB 3.1 is part of Java EE 6).  You may also want to try the newer version, WildFly 8.0, which implements Java EE 7 and thus EJB 3.2.

http://wildfly.org/

On 1/4/14, 9:28 AM, Varuna Seneviratna wrote:

What is the JBoss Application Server version that comply with Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1 and How Do I find that out? I bought "Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1" by Andrew Rubinger and I want to use JBoss AS to run the examples in it so for that which version of JBoss AS is appropriate

 

Thanks Varuna



_______________________________________________
jboss-as7-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/jboss-as7-dev

_______________________________________________
jboss-as7-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/jboss-as7-dev


_______________________________________________
jboss-as7-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/jboss-as7-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jboss-as7-dev] what is the JBoss AS version for learning Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1

Sande Gilda
A more complete and updated list of quickstarts can be found here: http://www.jboss.org/jdf/quickstarts/get-started/

Ray, the list of quickstarts in the developer site listed below is incomplete and the link to the 'cmt' quickstart is incorrect. Would you like me to enter a JIRA?

On 01/05/2014 06:48 PM, Bruno Georges wrote:
+1
In addition to that, the app server comes with a set of quickstarts that not only help you get going with common use cases, but they also allow you to explores the EE APIs such as EJB.
As Cheng pointed, WF 8 is using EJB3.2, you can get it here: http://wildfly.org/downloads/
Both the app server binaries and the quick starts source code are available there.

With respect to tooling, you can download our eclipse based JBoss Developer Studio which includes WTP for our app servers along with projects templates, etc...


Bruno

On 6/01/2014, at 12:32 pm, Cheng Fang <[hidden email]> wrote:

That will be JBoss AS 7.x, which implements Java EE 6 (EJB 3.1 is part of Java EE 6).  You may also want to try the newer version, WildFly 8.0, which implements Java EE 7 and thus EJB 3.2.

http://wildfly.org/

On 1/4/14, 9:28 AM, Varuna Seneviratna wrote:

What is the JBoss Application Server version that comply with Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1 and How Do I find that out? I bought "Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1" by Andrew Rubinger and I want to use JBoss AS to run the examples in it so for that which version of JBoss AS is appropriate

 

Thanks Varuna



_______________________________________________
jboss-as7-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/jboss-as7-dev

_______________________________________________
jboss-as7-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/jboss-as7-dev



_______________________________________________
jboss-as7-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/jboss-as7-dev


_______________________________________________
jboss-as7-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/jboss-as7-dev