jboss-common-beans not synced to Maven Central

jboss-common-beans not synced to Maven Central

Peter Palaga
Hi Carlo,

should not jboss-common-beans [1][2] be synced to Maven Central [3][4]?

We use PropertiesValueResolver in Hawkular and try to be buildable with
Maven Central only.

WildFly depends on it too [5] and because WF is synced to Central, all
its deps should be synced too.

[1] https://github.com/jboss/jboss-common-beans/commits/master
[2]
http://origin-repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/public/org/jboss/common/jboss-common-beans/

[3]
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.jboss.common%22%20AND%20a%3A%22jboss-common-beans%22
[4] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/jboss/common

[5] https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/blob/master/pojo/pom.xml#L58

Thanks,

Peter

Re: jboss-common-beans not synced to Maven Central

Bob McWhirter
There’s quite a few WF dependencies not in central.

There’s a variety of -jbossorg-1 dependencies we’ve had to fork for one reason or another.

Plus a handful of dependencies that’ve never sync’d to central for one reason or another.

Unfortunately you need to use repository.jboss.org

*sigh*

-Bob

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Peter Palaga <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Bob, inline...

On 2015-12-18 15:31, Bob McWhirter wrote:
> There’s quite a few WF dependencies not in central.
>
> There’s a variety of -jbossorg-1 dependencies we’ve had to fork for one
> reason or another.

jboss-common-beans is not a fork.

> Plus a handful of dependencies that’ve never sync’d to central for one
> reason or another.

Could please somebody name the reason(s) relevant for jboss-common-beans?

> Unfortunately you need to use repository.jboss.org
> <http://repository.jboss.org>.

I do not think we have to. Either the sync can be turned on or we just
copy the PropertiesValueResolver.

-- P

> *sigh*
>
> -Bob
>
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Peter Palaga <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Carlo,
>
>     should not jboss-common-beans [1][2] be synced to Maven Central [3][4]?
>
>     We use PropertiesValueResolver in Hawkular and try to be buildable with
>     Maven Central only.
>
>     WildFly depends on it too [5] and because WF is synced to Central, all
>     its deps should be synced too.
>
>     [1] https://github.com/jboss/jboss-common-beans/commits/master
>     [2]
>     http://origin-repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/public/org/jboss/common/jboss-common-beans/
>
>     [3]
>     http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.jboss.common%22%20AND%20a%3A%22jboss-common-beans%22
>     [4] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/jboss/common
>
>     [5] https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/blob/master/pojo/pom.xml#L58
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Peter

Re: jboss-common-beans not synced to Maven Central

Peter Palaga
Status update: jboss-common-beans are in Central [1] now. It turned out
to be some config problem between Central and JBoss repos. Solved via
[hidden email] and David Hladky (thanks!) -- P

[1] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/jboss/common/jboss-common-beans/