node and operation property constraints description

node and operation property constraints description

Alexey Loubyansky
So, how do you feel about extending property description in the model to
include optional info such as:

- value set, i.e. an enum of allowed values, e.g. for transaction
isolation, etc;
- dependency on another property, e.g. exception-sorter-properties
assumes that exception-sorter-class-name is specified;
- properties choice, e.g. driver-class and driver-name, one excludes the
other;
- property value set restricted by the existing values of some other
properties, e.g. driver-name can take values from the registered jdbc
drivers.

I actually did a simple prototype which includes all of the above except
the last one
https://github.com/aloubyansky/jboss-as/commit/833934db69bec304ff37b29188dff00fb8eff3e6
It's obviously not the best way of doing it but just to give an idea.

This will help with tab-completion in cli and perhaps other tools too.

Thanks,
Alexey

Re: node and operation property constraints description

Stefano Maestri
+1

S.
On 07/08/2011 02:48 PM, Alexey Loubyansky wrote:

> So, how do you feel about extending property description in the model to
> include optional info such as:
>
> - value set, i.e. an enum of allowed values, e.g. for transaction
> isolation, etc;
> - dependency on another property, e.g. exception-sorter-properties
> assumes that exception-sorter-class-name is specified;
> - properties choice, e.g. driver-class and driver-name, one excludes the
> other;
> - property value set restricted by the existing values of some other
> properties, e.g. driver-name can take values from the registered jdbc
> drivers.
>
> I actually did a simple prototype which includes all of the above except
> the last one
> https://github.com/aloubyansky/jboss-as/commit/833934db69bec304ff37b29188dff00fb8eff3e6
> It's obviously not the best way of doing it but just to give an idea.
>
> This will help with tab-completion in cli and perhaps other tools too.
>
> Thanks,
> Alexey

Re: node and operation property constraints description

Jesper Pedersen
On Friday, July 08, 2011 08:48:56 AM Alexey Loubyansky wrote:
> This will help with tab-completion in cli and perhaps other tools too.

+1

Best regards,
 Jesper

Re: node and operation property constraints description

Alexey Loubyansky
Implemented all of them in
https://github.com/aloubyansky/jboss-as/commits/extended-prop-info

On 07/08/2011 02:48 PM, Alexey Loubyansky wrote:

> So, how do you feel about extending property description in the model to
> include optional info such as:
>
> - value set, i.e. an enum of allowed values, e.g. for transaction
> isolation, etc;
> - dependency on another property, e.g. exception-sorter-properties
> assumes that exception-sorter-class-name is specified;
> - properties choice, e.g. driver-class and driver-name, one excludes the
> other;
> - property value set restricted by the existing values of some other
> properties, e.g. driver-name can take values from the registered jdbc
> drivers.
>
> I actually did a simple prototype which includes all of the above except
> the last one
> https://github.com/aloubyansky/jboss-as/commit/833934db69bec304ff37b29188dff00fb8eff3e6
> It's obviously not the best way of doing it but just to give an idea.
>
> This will help with tab-completion in cli and perhaps other tools too.
>
> Thanks,
> Alexey

Re: node and operation property constraints description

This sounds fine. There was some earlier discussion re: the value set so
I want to double check this is consistent with that (I believe it is).
I'll do that as part of my work in the next day or so on converting
those "Detyped Description..." wiki pages in to sections in the AS 7
Admin Guide.