operation timeout

Heiko Braun

we've got a problem with large file uploads:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-4234

i am wondering if we have some kind of "operation timeout" that might be causing this.
maybe somebody with a good understanding of the management layer can take a quick look at at the attached host controller log.

regards, heiko

Re: operation timeout

I'll see if I can reproduce this. The web server is acting like the
client is timing out.

On 3/20/12 12:21 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> we've got a problem with large file uploads:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-4234
>

> i am wondering if we have some kind of "operation timeout" that might be causing this.
> maybe somebody with a good understanding of the management layer can take a quick look at at the attached host controller log.
>

> regards, heiko

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: operation timeout

Tomaz Cerar
I had this problem few months ago but it was reproducible only when I was
on VPN connection. That time I had traced it down to problem with MTU.

I can try to reproduce with big deployment, as I see in the code that we
suppress the original exeption...

Re: operation timeout

No. I'm wrong.

On 3/20/12 1:22 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> I'll see if I can reproduce this. The web server is acting like the
> client is timing out.
>
> On 3/20/12 12:21 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:
>>

>> we've got a problem with large file uploads:
>>
>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-4234
>>

>> i am wondering if we have some kind of "operation timeout" that might be causing this.
>> maybe somebody with a good understanding of the management layer can take a quick look at at the attached host controller log.
>>

>> regards, heiko

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: operation timeout

We have a max request time in our management http server of 15 seconds
which is bad. We need to set a higher default limit and make it
configurable.

On 3/20/12 1:53 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> No. I'm wrong.
>
> On 3/20/12 1:22 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>> I'll see if I can reproduce this. The web server is acting like the
>> client is timing out.
>>
>> On 3/20/12 12:21 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:
>>>

>>> we've got a problem with large file uploads:
>>>
>>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-4234
>>>

>>> i am wondering if we have some kind of "operation timeout" that might be causing this.
>>> maybe somebody with a good understanding of the management layer can take a quick look at at the attached host controller log.
>>>

>>> regards, heiko

JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: operation timeout

Heiko Braun

yes, that explains it. so my initial guess was right. do you want to re-assign https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-4234 to yourself and add a brief description of your findings?

regards, heiko

On Mar 20, 2012, at 8:20 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

> We have a max request time in our management http server of 15 seconds which is bad. We need to set a higher default limit and make it configurable.
>
> On 3/20/12 1:53 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>> No. I'm wrong.
>>
>> On 3/20/12 1:22 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>>> I'll see if I can reproduce this. The web server is acting like the
>>> client is timing out.

> Jason T. Greene
> JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

Re: operation timeout

Here is the follow on task that needs to be implemented to allow these
timeouts to be configured: -

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2845