org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory and Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL/Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS

org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory and Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL/Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS

Scott Stark
The org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory.createCallbackHandler(Properties) method does not look for the Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL/Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS among the system properties. This means that these values either need to be passed in via a jboss-naming-client.properties or through the env passed to InitialContextFactory. Wouldn't be better if we looked for all of the following as system properties to allow system properties to be a complete specification of what is needed for a secure jndi connection?

java.naming.security.principal
java.naming.security.credentials
jboss.naming.client.security.callback.handler.class
jboss.naming.client.security.password.base64
jboss.naming.client.security.realm

Re: org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory and Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL/Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS

Jason T. Greene
I agree. We should be using sys props.

Sent from my iPhone