outbound socket binding

Heiko Braun

Does this make sense?

remote-destination... -> localhost?

[standalone@localhost:9999 /] /socket-binding-group=standard-sockets/remote-destination-outbound-socket-binding=mail-smtp:read-resource
{
    "outcome" => "success",
    "result" => {
        "fixed-source-port" => false,
        "host" => "localhost",
        "port" => 25
    }

In general, why do we have "remote-destination-outbound-socket-binding" and "local-destination-outbound-socket-binding"?
Seems pretty awkward to me. Both the name and the separation.

Why not:

outbound-socket-binding {type=<local/remote>} ?

Ike

Re: outbound socket binding

Brian Stansberry
Only as an example. If someone actually looked up the mail session in
JNDI it wouldn't work unless there was an smtp server on localhost:25.

Previous (< AS 7) releases had a more obviously "example" config, e.g.

<!-- Change to the SMTP gateway server -->
<property name="mail.smtp.host" value="smtp.nosuchhost.nosuchdomain.com"/>

I'm not sure if we need/want an example mail session in our standard config.

On 11/28/11 7:12 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> Does this make sense?
>
> *remote-destination... -> localhost?*
>
> [standalone@localhost:9999 /]
> /socket-binding-group=standard-sockets/remote-destination-outbound-socket-binding=mail-smtp:read-resource
> {
> "outcome" => "success",
> "result" => {
> "fixed-source-port" => false,
> "host" => "localhost",
> "port" => 25
> }
> }
>

> *
> *
>

> In general, why do we have "remote-destination-outbound-socket-binding"
> and "local-destination-outbound-socket-binding"?
> Seems pretty awkward to me. Both the name and the separation.
>
> Why not:
>
> outbound-socket-binding {type=<local/remote>} ?
>
> Ike

Re: outbound socket binding