port conflict with AS7 runs

Thomas Diesler
Hi Vojtech,

I have several test runs fail because they simultaneously run the AS7 testsuite on the same machine. What is the best way to avoid these conflicts? I assume that 'localhost' is hardcoded into the testsuite.

cheers
-thomas
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thomas Diesler

Re: port conflict with AS7 runs

Thomas Diesler
Can I some how queue the jobs that I know will conflict when run on the
same machine. We have 'localhost' and port numbers hard coded all over
the shop in the testsuite. So I guess the safest would be to run AS jobs
sequentially on the same machine.

-thomas

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thomas Diesler
JBoss OSGi Lead
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: port conflict with AS7 runs

Vojtech Juranek
You have tied your job to UNIX-slim label which contains slaves with multiple
executors. So the most easy way how to awoid conflicts is to tie the job to
another label (e.g. "linux"). Most of the slaves have only one executor and
therefore there won't be any conflicts as the slave will always run only one
job.

More complicated setup could be setup "Build after other projects are built"
build trigger and specify colliding job. However if you have also configured
SCM polling trigger and both jobs poll same SCM, this setup is useless as
build triggers act independetly.

I.e. I would recommend to change the job labels.