security/elytron CLI commands

Jean-Francois Denise
Hi,

discussing with Darran on how to extend the CLI to help configure
elytron, he suggested that we should move the discussion to this list. I
have started a document [1] in order to collect feedbacks on new CLI
commands to address security configuration. Feel free to comment on the
document.
Thank-you.
JF
[1] https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/SSLCommandsForCLI

Re: security/elytron CLI commands

Brian Stansberry
+1 to discussing on the list.

That sounds pretty good. You don't want to add things that will conflict with other things you might want to do later, but these actions sound quite targeted to their particular use case and have names that are also specific.

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Jean-Francois Denise <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

discussing with Darran on how to extend the CLI to help configure
elytron, he suggested that we should move the discussion to this list. I
have started a document [1] in order to collect feedbacks on new CLI
commands to address security configuration. Feel free to comment on the
document.
Thank-you.
JF
[1] https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/SSLCommandsForCLI

Red Hat

Re: security/elytron CLI commands

Jean-Francois Denise

Farah, brought to my attention the key-store future operations[1] that will allow to bypass keytool. With this, key-store management seems to deserve its own set of "a la keytool" commands. I have updated the document[2] to reflect the separation.

JF

[1] https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/AnalysisDesign-AdvancedElytronKey-storeManipulationOperations
[2] https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/SSLCommandsForCLI

On 20/11/17 20:45, Brian Stansberry wrote:
[...]

FYI, some discussions have occurred with Martin and Farah. I have updated the document[1] and introduced a new document[2] to get feedback on CLI commands for SASL/HTTP authentication.

[1] https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/SSLCommandsForCLI

[2] https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/AuthenticationCommandsForCLI

Thanks.

JF