server-state / host-state attributes

Ken Wills
This is an older issue that I looked at last week. The fix is mostly trivial, but the associated naming wasn't obvious.

As a result of the discussion, we're leaning towards:

runtime-configuration-state: {STARTING, OK, STOPPING, RELOAD_REQUIRED, RESTART_REQUIRED}

host-state and server-state will be preserved for compatability, with the new OK state mapped back to RUNNING.

Thoughts / comments?

Ken

Re: server-state / host-state attributes

Brian Stansberry
On 3/28/16 4:49 PM, James Perkins wrote:
> Shouldn't there be a STOPPED state too for domain servers?

Yes, good point. The
org.jboss.as.host.controller.resources.StoppedServerResource will need
to handle this runtime-configuration-state attribute the same way it
handles server-state.

Also should
> it include SUSPENDING, SUSPENDED and RESUMING as well?

No, that's a separate attribute because it's reporting on a different
thing. See discussion leading up to
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/wildfly-dev/2014-June/002360.html

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Ken Wills <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     This is an older issue that I looked at last week. The fix is mostly
>     trivial, but the associated naming wasn't obvious.
>
>     https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFCORE-43
>
>     As a result of the discussion, we're leaning towards:
>
>     runtime-configuration-state: {STARTING, OK, STOPPING,
>     RELOAD_REQUIRED, RESTART_REQUIRED}
>
>     host-state and server-state will be preserved for compatability,
>     with the new OK state mapped back to RUNNING.
>
>     Thoughts / comments?
>
>     Ken

> James R. Perkins

Senior Principal Software Engineer