[wildfly-dev] Documentation location

Alessio Soldano
Folks,
where is the documentation for WildFly meant to be? For JBoss AS we had:
* AS 7.2 https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS72
* AS 7.1 https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71
* AS 7 https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7

Soon I'll need to contribute the documentation on the JBossWS additions
coming in WildFly.

Cheers
Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: [wildfly-dev] Documentation location

Scott Marlow
On 05/15/2013 08:12 AM, Alessio Soldano wrote:
> Folks,
> where is the documentation for WildFly meant to be? For JBoss AS we had:
> * AS 7.2 https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS72

I propose that we either clone or rename
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS72 to
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WF8.

> * AS 7.1 https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71
> * AS 7 https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7
>
> Soon I'll need to contribute the documentation on the JBossWS additions
> coming in WildFly.
>
> Cheers
> Alessio

Re: [wildfly-dev] Documentation location

Alessio Soldano
Hi Scott,

On 05/17/2013 03:25 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> On 05/15/2013 08:12 AM, Alessio Soldano wrote:
>> Folks,
>> where is the documentation for WildFly meant to be? For JBoss AS we had:
>> * AS 7.2 https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS72
>
> I propose that we either clone or rename
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS72 to
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WF8.

Renaming the AS72 area is not an option, given we can have different doc
for 72 and 8.
I'd say we should clone AS72 to WF8. Who can do that?

--
Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: [wildfly-dev] Documentation location

Filippe Costa Spolti
On 05/17/2013 10:27 AM, Alessio Soldano wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> On 05/17/2013 03:25 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
>> On 05/15/2013 08:12 AM, Alessio Soldano wrote:
>>> Folks,
>>> where is the documentation for WildFly meant to be? For JBoss AS we had:
>>> * AS 7.2 https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS72
>> I propose that we either clone or rename
>> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS72 to
>> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WF8.
> Renaming the AS72 area is not an option, given we can have different doc
> for 72 and 8.
> I'd say we should clone AS72 to WF8. Who can do that?

Hello, i can helo with this.

On 05/17/2013 09:27 AM, Alessio Soldano wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> On 05/17/2013 03:25 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
>> On 05/15/2013 08:12 AM, Alessio Soldano wrote:
>>> Folks,
>>> where is the documentation for WildFly meant to be? For JBoss AS we had:
>>> * AS 7.2 https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS72
>>
>> I propose that we either clone or rename
>> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS72 to
>> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WF8.
>
> Renaming the AS72 area is not an option, given we can have different doc
> for 72 and 8.
> I'd say we should clone AS72 to WF8. Who can do that?

I think its pretty easy to clone AS72 to WF8 (probably just need to
create a jboss.org jira), I just have no idea if that is what Jason
wants to do.  We should wait to hear from Jason I think.

http://www.wildfly.org/faq/ implies that the WF8 doc location could change.

"
Where do I find documentation on older versions of JBoss AS?

Don't worry about changing your bookmarks! Documentation on older
versions of JBoss AS will continue to exist where it does today.
"

The above faq, points to http://www.jboss.org/jbossas, which points to
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBASDOC/Home.

If we clone AS72, into WF8, it would show up on the second above link,
so I think that is best.

On May 17, 2013, at 3:36 PM, Scott Marlow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05/17/2013 09:27 AM, Alessio Soldano wrote:
>> Hi Scott,

>>> I propose that we either clone or rename
>>> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS72 to
>>> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WF8.
>>
>> Renaming the AS72 area is not an option, given we can have different doc
>> for 72 and 8.
>> I'd say we should clone AS72 to WF8. Who can do that?
>
> I think its pretty easy to clone AS72 to WF8 (probably just need to
> create a jboss.org jira), I just have no idea if that is what Jason
> wants to do.  We should wait to hear from Jason I think.
>
> http://www.wildfly.org/faq/ implies that the WF8 doc location could change.
>
> "
> Where do I find documentation on older versions of JBoss AS?
>
> Don't worry about changing your bookmarks! Documentation on older
> versions of JBoss AS will continue to exist where it does today.
> "
>
> The above faq, points to http://www.jboss.org/jbossas, which points to
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBASDOC/Home.
>
> If we clone AS72, into WF8, it would show up on the second above link,
> so I think that is best.

+1

On 05/17/2013 04:40 PM, Jason Greene wrote:

> On May 17, 2013, at 3:36 PM, Scott Marlow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 05/17/2013 09:27 AM, Alessio Soldano wrote:
>>> Hi Scott,

>>> Renaming the AS72 area is not an option, given we can have different doc
>>> for 72 and 8.
>>> I'd say we should clone AS72 to WF8. Who can do that?
>>
>> I think its pretty easy to clone AS72 to WF8 (probably just need to
>> create a jboss.org jira), I just have no idea if that is what Jason
>> wants to do.  We should wait to hear from Jason I think.

I opened a ticket to either clone AS72 into WF8 or give me permissions
to do it myself.

On 05/18/2013 03:21 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> I opened a ticket to either clone AS72 into WF8 or give me permissions
> to do it myself.

Thanks!

On 05/19/2013 10:24 AM, Alessio Soldano wrote:
> On 05/18/2013 03:21 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
>> I opened a ticket to either clone AS72 into WF8 or give me permissions
>> to do it myself.
>
> Thanks!

I started the doc clone operation but got a server error, so don't use
the WF8 clone just yet (might need to delete it and clone again)...

Re: [wildfly-dev] Documentation location

Scott Marlow
I just heard back the error is a timeout error but the documentation
clone is complete.

Next, we need to change AS references to WildFly...

On 05/21/2013 04:29 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> I just heard back the error is a timeout error but the documentation
> clone is complete.

Thanks!
For the records: https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8

> Next, we need to change AS references to WildFly...

Any volunteer? ;-)
Probably every doc contributor should update the pages he provided...

Cheers
Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: [wildfly-dev] Documentation location

Filippe Costa Spolti
Nice.

On 05/21/2013 04:31 PM, Alessio Soldano wrote:

> On 05/21/2013 04:29 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
>> I just heard back the error is a timeout error but the documentation
>> clone is complete.
>
> Thanks!
> For the records: https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8
>

>> Next, we need to change AS references to WildFly...
>
> Any volunteer? ;-)
> Probably every doc contributor should update the pages he provided...

WS doc at

* https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8/Webservices+reference+guide
* https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8/Web+services+configuration

has been updated.