[wildfly-dev] Feature showcasing

One thing I think we should do for one of the Betas is to showcase some of the new features in WildFly 8. I am hoping for a volunteers to write up a blog or article by then which does a walkthrough of the feature.

So like as an example, the EE concurrency APIs are new to Java EE7, and it would be nice to show how they could be used with the Beta to build interest and momentum for the eventual final release.

Let me know if you are interested!

Thanks

Re: [wildfly-dev] Feature showcasing

Jorge Solórzano
It's a great idea, I'm going to try to write an article in my blog showing the use of the Java API for JSON Processing, or the Batch Application for the Java Platform.

Jorge Solórzano
http://www.jorsol.com

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
One thing I think we should do for one of the Betas is to showcase some of the new features in WildFly 8. I am hoping for a volunteers to write up a blog or article by then which does a walkthrough of the feature.

So like as an example, the EE concurrency APIs are new to Java EE7, and it would be nice to show how they could be used with the Beta to build interest and momentum for the eventual final release.

Let me know if you are interested!

Thanks

Re: [wildfly-dev] Feature showcasing

FWIW, when we started adding EE7 features I had blogged about the
initial support here
http://jaitechwriteups.blogspot.in/2013/03/java-ee-7-and-ejb-32-support-in-jboss.html.
In the coming days, I'm planning to writeup about WildFly.

-Jaikiran
On Wednesday 22 May 2013 05:22 AM, Jason Greene wrote:

> One thing I think we should do for one of the Betas is to showcase some of the new features in WildFly 8. I am hoping for a volunteers to write up a blog or article by then which does a walkthrough of the feature.
>
> So like as an example, the EE concurrency APIs are new to Java EE7, and it would be nice to show how they could be used with the Beta to build interest and momentum for the eventual final release.
>
> Let me know if you are interested!
>
> Thanks
> --
> Jason T. Greene

Re: [wildfly-dev] Feature showcasing

Bruno Georges
Excellent! Thank you Jaikiran.
On 22 May, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Jaikiran Pai <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FWIW, when we started adding EE7 features I had blogged about the
> initial support here
> http://jaitechwriteups.blogspot.in/2013/03/java-ee-7-and-ejb-32-support-in-jboss.html.
> In the coming days, I'm planning to writeup about WildFly.
>
> -Jaikiran
> On Wednesday 22 May 2013 05:22 AM, Jason Greene wrote:
>> One thing I think we should do for one of the Betas is to showcase some of the new features in WildFly 8. I am hoping for a volunteers to write up a blog or article by then which does a walkthrough of the feature.
>>
>> So like as an example, the EE concurrency APIs are new to Java EE7, and it would be nice to show how they could be used with the Beta to build interest and momentum for the eventual final release.
>>
>> Let me know if you are interested!
>>
>> Thanks
>> --
>> Jason T. Greene
>> WildFly Lead / JBoss EAP Platform Architect
>> JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: [wildfly-dev] Feature showcasing

Eduardo Martins-2
I will do it for the concurrency APIs.

--E

On May 22, 2013, at 12:52 AM, Jason Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One thing I think we should do for one of the Betas is to showcase some of the new features in WildFly 8. I am hoping for a volunteers to write up a blog or article by then which does a walkthrough of the feature.
>
> So like as an example, the EE concurrency APIs are new to Java EE7, and it would be nice to show how they could be used with the Beta to build interest and momentum for the eventual final release.
>
> Let me know if you are interested!
>
> Thanks
> --
> Jason T. Greene

Re: [wildfly-dev] Feature showcasing

Filippe Costa Spolti
Hi Jason.

I can write about the new feature:
Change start up ports using JVM properties like that:
-Djboss.http.port=XXXX

On 05/21/2013 08:52 PM, Jason Greene wrote:
> and momentum for the eventual final release.

Re: [wildfly-dev] Feature showcasing

Jesper Pedersen
On 05/21/2013 07:52 PM, Jason Greene wrote:
> One thing I think we should do for one of the Betas is to showcase some of the new features in WildFly 8. I am hoping for a volunteers to write up a blog or article by then which does a walkthrough of the feature.
>
> So like as an example, the EE concurrency APIs are new to Java EE7, and it would be nice to show how they could be used with the Beta to build interest and momentum for the eventual final release.
>
> Let me know if you are interested!

Once IronJacamar 1.1 is in we can do a series of the new major features
in the context of the different subsystems (:jca:, :datasources:, and
:resource-adapters:).

There is also a JCA 1.7 feature that is worth discussing.

Best regards,
  Jesper

Re: [wildfly-dev] Feature showcasing

Not exactly a feature showcase article, but this is something that I had
in mind for a while
http://jaitechwriteups.blogspot.in/2013/06/wildfly-release-and-history-behind-the-release.html
and I just published it. It briefly explains what WildFly is and how it
relates to JBoss Application Server and how the WildFly 8.0.0.Alpha1
release relates to 7.x releases of JBoss AS. Most of us on this list
already know these things but there are many community users who
probably aren't aware of these details, so I thought writing about it
will help clear up any confusion, very early in the WildFly release cycle.

-Jaikiran
On Wednesday 22 May 2013 05:22 AM, Jason Greene wrote:

> One thing I think we should do for one of the Betas is to showcase some of the new features in WildFly 8. I am hoping for a volunteers to write up a blog or article by then which does a walkthrough of the feature.
>
> So like as an example, the EE concurrency APIs are new to Java EE7, and it would be nice to show how they could be used with the Beta to build interest and momentum for the eventual final release.
>
> Let me know if you are interested!
>
> Thanks
> --
> Jason T. Greene

Re: [wildfly-dev] Feature showcasing

Jaikiran Pai
WildFly 8.0.0.Alpha3 has been released a week back. Those who have tried
it out already, please do blog about it and any feature that you used
and found useful (EE7 or otherwise).

-Jaikiran