[wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

[wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

Arun Gupta
I've written a JAX-RS unit test using JAX-RS Client API:

    @BeforeClass
    public static void setupClass() {
        Client client = ClientBuilder.newClient();
        target =
client.target("http://localhost:8080/jaxrs-endpoint/webresources/fruit");
    }

But its failing with the exception:

org.javaee7.jaxrs.endpoint.MyResourceTest  Time elapsed: 0.124 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyClientBuilder
    at javax.ws.rs.client.ClientBuilder.newBuilder(ClientBuilder.java:103)
    at javax.ws.rs.client.ClientBuilder.newClient(ClientBuilder.java:114)
    at org.javaee7.jaxrs.endpoint.MyResourceTest.setupClass(MyResourceTest.java:51)

What <dependency> should be included in the test classpath so that
appropriate ClientBuilder instance is found ?

Arun

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: [wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

Arun Gupta
That's what I thought and added at:

https://github.com/arun-gupta/javaee7-samples/blob/master/jaxrs/pom.xml

But https://github.com/arun-gupta/javaee7-samples/tree/master/jaxrs/jaxrs-endpoint
is still giving the same error.

Any idea ?

Arun

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:35 AM, Stuart Douglas
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> org.jboss.resteasy:resteasy-client:3.0.5.Final
>

> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Arun Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've written a JAX-RS unit test using JAX-RS Client API:
>>
>>     @BeforeClass
>>     public static void setupClass() {
>>         Client client = ClientBuilder.newClient();
>>         target =
>> client.target("http://localhost:8080/jaxrs-endpoint/webresources/fruit");
>>     }
>>
>> But its failing with the exception:
>>
>> org.javaee7.jaxrs.endpoint.MyResourceTest  Time elapsed: 0.124 sec  <<<
>> ERROR!
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyClientBuilder
>>     at javax.ws.rs.client.ClientBuilder.newBuilder(ClientBuilder.java:103)
>>     at javax.ws.rs.client.ClientBuilder.newClient(ClientBuilder.java:114)
>>     at
>> org.javaee7.jaxrs.endpoint.MyResourceTest.setupClass(MyResourceTest.java:51)
>>
>> What <dependency> should be included in the test classpath so that
>> appropriate ClientBuilder instance is found ?
>>
>> Arun
>>
>> --
>> http://blog.arungupta.me
>> http://twitter.com/arungupta

http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: [wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

Stuart Douglas
That is not the same artefact.

resteasy-jaxrs vs resteasy-client

Stuart

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> org.jboss.resteasy:resteasy-client:3.0.5.Final
>

> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Arun Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've written a JAX-RS unit test using JAX-RS Client API:
>>
>>     @BeforeClass
>>     public static void setupClass() {
>>         Client client = ClientBuilder.newClient();
>>         target =
>> client.target("http://localhost:8080/jaxrs-endpoint/webresources/fruit");
>>     }
>>
>> But its failing with the exception:
>>
>> org.javaee7.jaxrs.endpoint.MyResourceTest  Time elapsed: 0.124 sec  <<<
>> ERROR!
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyClientBuilder
>>     at javax.ws.rs.client.ClientBuilder.newBuilder(ClientBuilder.java:103)
>>     at javax.ws.rs.client.ClientBuilder.newClient(ClientBuilder.java:114)
>>     at
>> org.javaee7.jaxrs.endpoint.MyResourceTest.setupClass(MyResourceTest.java:51)
>>
>> What <dependency> should be included in the test classpath so that
>> appropriate ClientBuilder instance is found ?
>>
>> Arun
>>
>> --
>> http://blog.arungupta.me
>> http://twitter.com/arungupta

http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: [wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

Arun Gupta
Sleeping only 2 hrs in the red eye flight and jet lag kicking is not helpful :-)

But at least the test is running now, failing but that's a different problem!

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: [wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

Bill Burke
Resteasy-client should be an implicit dependency.  Also, resteasy-client
shouldn't really be a separate module.  For the Resteasy distro our
AS7/Wildfly patch zip has resteasy-client as part of the resteasy-jaxrs
module.  The reason for this is AS7 and EAP are hardcoded to implicitly
import specific modules and I can't add new ones.

May I patch Wildfly to remove the resteasy-client module and move the
artifact to the resteasy-jaxrs module so as to be consistent with the
Resteasy distro?

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: [wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

Nick Mpallas
Since we are cooperating with Arun on that part, my guide for all the necessary changes we are talking with Arun are the examples in github by jaikiran where there is no direct reference to it in his examples. The problem I see probably is that even if the quickstarts are mend for Wildfly they still reflect the 7.* arch right?Also from the manual you can find here : http://docs.jboss.org/resteasy/docs/3.0-beta-3/userguide/html/RESTEasy_Client_Framework.html

is stated clearly that is part of the jaxrs distro. Sorry if I created any confusion also to Arun.

regards
Nick

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat

\n\m
"camel is a horse made up in a laboratory"

Re: [wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Bill Burke <[hidden email]> wrote:
Resteasy-client should be an implicit dependency.  Also, resteasy-client
shouldn't really be a separate module.  For the Resteasy distro our
AS7/Wildfly patch zip has resteasy-client as part of the resteasy-jaxrs
module.  The reason for this is AS7 and EAP are hardcoded to implicitly
import specific modules and I can't add new ones.

May I patch Wildfly to remove the resteasy-client module and move the
artifact to the resteasy-jaxrs module so as to be consistent with the
Resteasy distro?

No objections here.

Stuart

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: [wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

Arun Gupta
+1, this would make more sense.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Bill Burke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Resteasy-client should be an implicit dependency.  Also, resteasy-client
> shouldn't really be a separate module.  For the Resteasy distro our
> AS7/Wildfly patch zip has resteasy-client as part of the resteasy-jaxrs
> module.  The reason for this is AS7 and EAP are hardcoded to implicitly
> import specific modules and I can't add new ones.
>
> May I patch Wildfly to remove the resteasy-client module and move the
> artifact to the resteasy-jaxrs module so as to be consistent with the
> Resteasy distro?
>
> On 11/5/2013 6:48 AM, Arun Gupta wrote:
>> Sleeping only 2 hrs in the red eye flight and jet lag kicking is not helpful :-)
>>
>> But at least the test is running now, failing but that's a different problem!
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Stuart Douglas
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> That is not the same artefact.
>>>
>>> resteasy-jaxrs vs resteasy-client
>>>
>>> Stuart

> --
> Bill Burke
> JBoss, a division of Red Hat
> http://bill.burkecentral.com

http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: [wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

Stuart Douglas

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Arun Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1, this would make more sense.

This will have no impact on you as an end user. This just changes how it is packaged in the app server itself.

Stuart

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Bill Burke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Resteasy-client should be an implicit dependency.  Also, resteasy-client
> shouldn't really be a separate module.  For the Resteasy distro our
> AS7/Wildfly patch zip has resteasy-client as part of the resteasy-jaxrs
> module.  The reason for this is AS7 and EAP are hardcoded to implicitly
> import specific modules and I can't add new ones.
>
> May I patch Wildfly to remove the resteasy-client module and move the
> artifact to the resteasy-jaxrs module so as to be consistent with the
> Resteasy distro?
>
> On 11/5/2013 6:48 AM, Arun Gupta wrote:
>> Sleeping only 2 hrs in the red eye flight and jet lag kicking is not helpful :-)
>>
>> But at least the test is running now, failing but that's a different problem!
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Stuart Douglas
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> That is not the same artefact.
>>>
>>> resteasy-jaxrs vs resteasy-client
>>>
>>> Stuart

> --
> Bill Burke
> JBoss, a division of Red Hat
> http://bill.burkecentral.com

http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: [wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

Bill Burke
I think we're required to support JAX-RS client implicitly anyways, no?

On 11/5/2013 9:42 AM, Stuart Douglas wrote:

> [...]
>      >>>>>>      at
>      >>>>>>
>     javax.ws.rs.client.ClientBuilder.newClient(ClientBuilder.java:114)
>      >>>>>>      at
>      >>>>>>
>      >>>>>>
>     org.javaee7.jaxrs.endpoint.MyResourceTest.setupClass(MyResourceTest.java:51)
>      >>>>>>
>      >>>>>> What <dependency> should be included in the test classpath
>     so that
>      >>>>>> appropriate ClientBuilder instance is found ?
>      >>>>>>
>      >>>>>> Arun
>      >>>>>>
>      >>>>>> --
>      >>>>>> http://blog.arungupta.me
>      >>>>>> http://twitter.com/arungupta
>      >>>>>> _______________________________________________
>      >>>>>> wildfly-dev mailing list
>      >>>>>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com

Re: [wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

Arun Gupta
Shouldn't the end user be using resteasy-jaxrs instead of different
dependencies ?

Arun

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 6:42 AM, Stuart Douglas
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Arun Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1, this would make more sense.
>

> This will have no impact on you as an end user. This just changes how it is
> packaged in the app server itself.
>
> Stuart
>

>> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Bill Burke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Resteasy-client should be an implicit dependency.  Also, resteasy-client
>> > shouldn't really be a separate module.  For the Resteasy distro our
>> > AS7/Wildfly patch zip has resteasy-client as part of the resteasy-jaxrs
>> > module.  The reason for this is AS7 and EAP are hardcoded to implicitly
>> > import specific modules and I can't add new ones.
>> >
>> > May I patch Wildfly to remove the resteasy-client module and move the
>> > artifact to the resteasy-jaxrs module so as to be consistent with the
>> > Resteasy distro?

>> > --
>> > Bill Burke
>> > JBoss, a division of Red Hat
>> > http://bill.burkecentral.com

>> http://blog.arungupta.me
>> http://twitter.com/arungupta

http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: [wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

Nick Mpallas
For usage within the appserver of course it doesn't make any difference but when you want to write a standalone-client if you read the documentation it comes as part of the jax-rs lib(not referring there that is a different jar) so even if it is on it should be fetched implicitly IMHO.