wildfly-maven-plugin

Arun Gupta
When will wildfly-maven-plugin be published to a Maven repo ?

Currently I have to clone the workspace and do a local install.

Arun

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

Lincoln Baxter, III
Who is working on the plugin this time? Still James?

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 2:22 AM, Arun Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
When will wildfly-maven-plugin be published to a Maven repo ?

Currently I have to clone the workspace and do a local install.

Arun

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Lincoln Baxter, III
http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

James Perkins
Yup, still me. I don't have any solid date, but I can shoot for next week sometime.

I mainly just want to remove some of the deprecated crap. I might get some time today to work on it even.

On 11/08/2013 07:33 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
Who is working on the plugin this time? Still James?

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 2:22 AM, Arun Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
When will wildfly-maven-plugin be published to a Maven repo ?

Currently I have to clone the workspace and do a local install.

Arun

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Lincoln Baxter, III
http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."

James R. Perkins
Red Hat JBoss Middleware

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

Arun Gupta
James,

Sounds good.

BTW, I'm using it for creating tons of Java EE 7 unit tests and
running them on WildFly snapshot. The instructions are documented at:

https://github.com/arun-gupta/javaee7-samples

It works very well! Let me know once its pushed to any repo and then I
can clean up the instructions.

The setup is not complete yet, but eventually would like to get them
integrated as part of build process (if possible).

Arun

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

Bill Burke
Please modify it so that the distro artifacts aren't hard-coded.    Thanks.

>>> http://twitter.com/arungupta

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

Arun Gupta
What would you like me to change in pom.xml ? :-)

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 6:44 PM, Bill Burke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please modify it so that the distro artifacts aren't hard-coded.    Thanks.
>
> On 11/8/2013 11:34 AM, Arun Gupta wrote:
>> James,
>>
>> Sounds good.
>>
>> BTW, I'm using it for creating tons of Java EE 7 unit tests and
>> running them on WildFly snapshot. The instructions are documented at:
>>
>> https://github.com/arun-gupta/javaee7-samples
>>
>> It works very well! Let me know once its pushed to any repo and then I
>> can clean up the instructions.
>>
>> The setup is not complete yet, but eventually would like to get them
>> integrated as part of build process (if possible).
>>
>> Arun
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 6:27 PM, James R. Perkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Yup, still me. I don't have any solid date, but I can shoot for next week
>>> sometime.
>>>
>>> I mainly just want to remove some of the deprecated crap. I might get some
>>> time today to work on it even.
>>>

>>> On 11/08/2013 07:33 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
>>>
>>> Who is working on the plugin this time? Still James?

>>> Lincoln Baxter, III
>>> http://ocpsoft.org
>>> "Simpler is better."

>>> James R. Perkins
>>> Red Hat JBoss Middleware
>>

> --
> Bill Burke
> JBoss, a division of Red Hat
> http://bill.burkecentral.com

http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

Bill Burke
No...

The old jboss-maven-plugin hardcoded disto artifact names.  So, if you
wanted the plugin to download the distro and unzip it, it would go to
this hardcoded artifact name.

Please change the plugin so that you can specify any group-id/artifact
name you want.

On 11/8/2013 12:01 PM, Arun Gupta wrote:

> What would you like me to change in pom.xml ? :-)
>
> On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 6:44 PM, Bill Burke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Please modify it so that the distro artifacts aren't hard-coded.    Thanks.
>>
>> On 11/8/2013 11:34 AM, Arun Gupta wrote:
>>> James,
>>>
>>> Sounds good.
>>>
>>> BTW, I'm using it for creating tons of Java EE 7 unit tests and
>>> running them on WildFly snapshot. The instructions are documented at:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/arun-gupta/javaee7-samples
>>>
>>> It works very well! Let me know once its pushed to any repo and then I
>>> can clean up the instructions.
>>>
>>> The setup is not complete yet, but eventually would like to get them
>>> integrated as part of build process (if possible).
>>>
>>> Arun

>> --
>> Bill Burke
>> JBoss, a division of Red Hat
>> http://bill.burkecentral.com

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

James Perkins
Arun,
Well it looks like I better get on releasing it then :) It's been on my
todo list for far too long anyway. I just need to finish up writing some
batch tests and I'll get working on it.

>>> http://twitter.com/arungupta

--
James R. Perkins
Red Hat JBoss Middleware

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

Arun Gupta
Ah, that's what the current plugin is doing well.

So I guess this is an RFE for the plugin then ?

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

Arun Gupta
I'll wait for you to publish the plugin and then integrate it :)

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

Bill Burke
RFE

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

James Perkins
Already done even in jboss-as-maven-plugin 7.5.Final which I released
last week I think.

<plugin>
     <groupId>org.jboss.as.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>jboss-as-maven-plugin</artifactId>
     <version>7.5.Final</version>
     <configuration>
         <groupId>org.wildfly</groupId>
         <artifactId>wildfly-dist</artifactId>
         <version>8.0.0.Beta1</version>
     </configuration>
</plugin>

--
James R. Perkins
Red Hat JBoss Middleware

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

Arun Gupta
Is that functionality available in wildfly-maven-plugin as well ?

Can I also have a special value "snapshot" that picks up the latest CI build ?

Arun

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 7:43 PM, James R. Perkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Already done even in jboss-as-maven-plugin 7.5.Final which I released
> last week I think.
>
> <plugin>
>      <groupId>org.jboss.as.plugins</groupId>
> <artifactId>jboss-as-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>      <version>7.5.Final</version>
>      <configuration>
>          <groupId>org.wildfly</groupId>
>          <artifactId>wildfly-dist</artifactId>
>          <version>8.0.0.Beta1</version>
>      </configuration>
> </plugin>
>
> On 11/08/2013 08:44 AM, Bill Burke wrote:
>> Please modify it so that the distro artifacts aren't hard-coded.    Thanks.
>>
>> On 11/8/2013 11:34 AM, Arun Gupta wrote:
>>> James,
>>>
>>> Sounds good.
>>>
>>> BTW, I'm using it for creating tons of Java EE 7 unit tests and
>>> running them on WildFly snapshot. The instructions are documented at:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/arun-gupta/javaee7-samples
>>>
>>> It works very well! Let me know once its pushed to any repo and then I
>>> can clean up the instructions.
>>>
>>> The setup is not complete yet, but eventually would like to get them
>>> integrated as part of build process (if possible).
>>>
>>> Arun

> --
> James R. Perkins
> Red Hat JBoss Middleware

http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

James Perkins

On 11/08/2013 09:52 AM, Arun Gupta wrote:
> Is that functionality available in wildfly-maven-plugin as well ?
Yes. I just copied the wildfly-maven-plugin and renamed packages and the
maven coordinates.

> Can I also have a special value "snapshot" that picks up the latest CI build ?
I don't think so, but it could be interesting to allow a download URL.
Well unless the snapshots are published to Nexus, but I don't think they
are.

A download URL could be useful for EAP though too.

> Arun
>

> On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 7:43 PM, James R. Perkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Already done even in jboss-as-maven-plugin 7.5.Final which I released
>> last week I think.
>>
>> <plugin>
>>       <groupId>org.jboss.as.plugins</groupId>
>> <artifactId>jboss-as-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>       <version>7.5.Final</version>
>>       <configuration>
>>           <groupId>org.wildfly</groupId>
>>           <artifactId>wildfly-dist</artifactId>
>>           <version>8.0.0.Beta1</version>
>>       </configuration>
>> </plugin>
>>
>> On 11/08/2013 08:44 AM, Bill Burke wrote:
>>> Please modify it so that the distro artifacts aren't hard-coded.    Thanks.

>> --
>> James R. Perkins
>> Red Hat JBoss Middleware

James R. Perkins
Red Hat JBoss Middleware

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

Arun Gupta
Download URL will be very useful for CI.

Is there a CI build of WildFly ?

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

James Perkins

There is, but I never remember the URL. I think this might be it https://ci.jboss.org/hudson/job/WildFly-latest-master/

wrote:
When will wildfly-maven-plugin be published to a Maven repo ?

Currently I have to clone the workspace and do a local install.

Arun

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Lincoln Baxter, III
http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."

James R. Perkins
Red Hat JBoss Middleware

--
James R. Perkins
Red Hat JBoss Middleware

James R. Perkins
Red Hat JBoss Middleware

--
James R. Perkins
Red Hat JBoss Middleware

Re: wildfly-maven-plugin

Arun Gupta
Cool, bookmarked!

Now I'm waiting for that download URL capability in the plugin and
trigger my tests :)

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta